• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

New Fastback N owner from Brisvegas!!!

CrackingGate

Aug 15, 2020
Brisbane
Hi everyone my name is Hano and I am from Brisbane, Queensland here in Australia (for those international readers).

I picked up my 2019 Polar White Fastback N on Friday (it had been sitting in a dealership holding yard) and am quickly growing into the car and getting comfortable with it.

It is has the Luxury Pack and Sunroof fitted and is being subject to the "running in" phase of its life (as much as it hurts to not get carried away). I also have a 2000 Lexus GS 300 with a few tasteful mods which might be on the chopping block (to free up garage space mainly) and also the fact that deep down I needed a car that was emotive and fun to drive on a daily basis.

I also have a Youtube/Instagram channel called Cracking Gate which has a strong focus on automotive content (Cars and Coffee, Sim Racing, DIY and few other bits and pieces) which is mainly a hobby that is slowly growing in popularity and couple of videos with some success.

I hope to get out and meet a few other 'N' owners around the area and get some good drives down range and even venture out to some of the local track events (eventually).

Anyway I will try to add some content on here and join in the discussions as time goes on.

Cheers for letting me join in the fun!!!

Attachments

BNEJRN

Nthusiast
Feb 25, 2020
Brisbane, Queensland
Hi everyone my name is Hano and I am from Brisbane, Queensland here in Australia (for those international readers).

I picked up my 2019 Polar White Fastback N on Friday (it had been sitting in a dealership holding yard) and am quickly growing into the car and getting comfortable with it.

It is has the Luxury Pack and Sunroof fitted and is being subject to the "running in" phase of its life (as much as it hurts to not get carried away). I also have a 2000 Lexus GS 300 with a few tasteful mods which might be on the chopping block (to free up garage space mainly) and also the fact that deep down I needed a car that was emotive and fun to drive on a daily basis.

I also have a Youtube/Instagram channel called Cracking Gate which has a strong focus on automotive content (Cars and Coffee, Sim Racing, DIY and few other bits and pieces) which is mainly a hobby that is slowly growing in popularity and couple of videos with some success.

I hope to get out and meet a few other 'N' owners around the area and get some good drives down range and even venture out to some of the local track events (eventually).

Anyway I will try to add some content on here and join in the discussions as time goes on.

Cheers for letting me join in the fun!!!
Welcome Hano - great choice you have made!

Another Brisbanite here with a white hatch. I'm not on Facebook so would be great to hear about upcoming local meets here as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: GazmaN

sangho

Sep 3, 2020
Indooroopilly, Qld 4068
Hey!

Only got into my new Polar White Fastback N 3 weeks ago too! Again, a 2019 model that had been in the dealer's holding yard for ages.

Always keen for a meet up and actually bought the fastback as a gateway to getting into some track days. Let me know if you ever head to a track day in SEQ - would be keen to get started with another N Enthusiast.

Reactions: BNEJRN

CrackingGate

Aug 15, 2020
Brisbane
Thanks folks.

The N is my second Hyundai.... first one was a 3 door LC Accent which I played around with courtesy of supplies from Performance Styling Centre back around 2004...... Hyundai has come a long way since then.

On to my second tank now full of 98 so should get me over that 1K mark then start enjoying it more. 🙂

CrackingGate

Aug 15, 2020
Brisbane
Hard to say as availability is limited. I had ordered a 2020 Dark Knight Hatchback scheduled for Sep-20 delivery then was told 3 days out from delivery that it wouldn't be arriving until Nov-20. I rung around and found my Fastback N sitting in a dealer holding yard so secured that instead. Heard some people are finding it tricky finding new ones at the moment as the facelift is not too far away. I ended up getting the Fastback N (Luxury Pack & Sunroof) for less than what the Hatch was going to cost me.

sangho

Sep 3, 2020
Indooroopilly, Qld 4068
About to buy a Fastback N in Brisbane - what sort of deals did you guys get? Thanks!
Hey!

I ended up getting mine through a broker who sourced it from Hyundai at the Gold Coast.

Got a new 2019 white fastback no option packs for 41,500

Did a call around to 6 or 7 other dealers at the time (late September) and no one else could match that with current stock but you might be more lucky than me.

greenfish

Oct 20, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Hi CrackingGate, thanks for the reply, yes, I've just started looking and was hoping the prospect of the facelift model might drive down prices a bit.

I'm Ok with a dealer demo too.

BNEJRN

Nthusiast
Feb 25, 2020
Brisbane, Queensland
Hey Sangho, thanks for the reply and the info. That's a great price considering that's cheaper than almost all of the dealer demos out there.
The advertised price for dealer demos is often high - negotiation can drive the price down on demos and also new cars. I have the impression that Hyundai manage their inventory of Ns closely so would not surprise me if stock of new cars is now limited - this way they can maintain prices at 'normal' levels which also helps existing owners in terms of resale later.
It may be worth going into a dealership and talking to someone face to face. I dealt with Matthew from the dealership in Windsor. Good to do business with.

greenfish

Oct 20, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
The advertised price for dealer demos is often high - negotiation can drive the price down on demos and also new cars. I have the impression that Hyundai manage their inventory of Ns closely so would not surprise me if stock of new cars is now limited - this way they can maintain prices at 'normal' levels which also helps existing owners in terms of resale later.
It may be worth going into a dealership and talking to someone face to face. I dealt with Matthew from the dealership in Windsor. Good to do business with.
Good idea. My local Hyundai dealer is out though - when the facelift N-line launched I popped in ready to buy - in lava orange. They insisted they weren't being made in that colour but another dealer confirmed no problem to buy, but none in Australia, delivery would be Dec / Jan.

Then I realised the i30N prices weren't far away from the N-line, and as I wanted a manual anyway, and the fastback is quite unique looking, I decided to head down that route.

BNEJRN

Nthusiast
Feb 25, 2020
Brisbane, Queensland
Good idea. My local Hyundai dealer is out though - when the facelift N-line launched I popped in ready to buy - in lava orange. They insisted they weren't being made in that colour but another dealer confirmed no problem to buy, but none in Australia, delivery would be Dec / Jan.

Then I realised the i30N prices weren't far away from the N-line, and as I wanted a manual anyway, and the fastback is quite unique looking, I decided to head down that route.
Went down the same path! Started looking at the standard N-line manual but could not find a comfortable seating position. In the higher spec N-line with power seats the price was starting to get quite close to the N so in the end (after an overnight loan of a demo N) it was not a hard decision to go for the legendary N.

Last edited: