• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning New aftermarket parts!

It fits. I never gave the car a real shake down before installing it so I can’t say exactly how much difference it will make but doubling the bar stiffness should help it rotate. I’m trying to prep for street class as much as possible before my first event in a few weeks.

Great news. Let us know how the car behaves now when pushed hard :). Curious to see if its a bit too much or not as I've heard upgrading to a thick rear sway can cause you to spin a little too easily.

It’s hard to get too much oversteer in a fwd car for autocross. If it’s too much for the street, that’s what ESC is for. And once I install the Sxth Element end links, I’ll be able adjust it back to near stock.

It’s hard to get too much oversteer in a fwd car for autocross. If it’s too much for the street, that’s what ESC is for. And once I install the Sxth Element end links, I’ll be able adjust it back to near stock.

Yea I should've specified that I meant overall (during and outside of autocross) if it seems to spin too easily. You'd obviously need to build up some speed for it to happen.

First post since I bought the car. I'll save details about the purchase for a separate post.

I've been in search for a rear sway bar since I started looking for a car. The big question is if i30 N bars fit the Veloster N. That would make things easy.

Whiteline was quick to answer me and an Aussie rep was ready to sell me their i30 N bar confident it would fit, but the US office shot it down. I sent emails to Eibach and Sxth Element today. I'll let you guys know what they say.
sxth makes a rear sway bar I think at damnfast.com

Let’s avoid giving out incorrect info. It’s on SXTH’s website and was already referenced in post #14.

Not technically a new part, but since our G4KH shares very similar traits as the Genesis Coupe 2.0T plant, some aftermarket parts will be compatible, such as this:

https://www.maperformance.com/produ...13-2016-hyundai-genesis-coupe-2-0t-ts-tbs-029

Picked up for $52. It was so cheap I sprung for overnight shipping and even with tax it was just under $92.

BB172AA6-615E-4F49-8659-D349201CC89D.jpeg

Now I can install my WAI kit. Throttle response is a bit smoother and more granular. Little bump in fuel economy. ECM is still adapting so nothing to report on power improvement. I had these made for the VT1 and it was one of the best cheap foundational mods that has multiple positive effects and zero negatives.

Biggest surprise when installing was that there is no coolant going through the TB... Huzzah!

out of curiosity, what's the point of an aftermarket catback on this car? the exhaust seems pretty free flowing and sounds great, kind of a waste of money no?

Freer flowing exhaust, change in sound output and tonal qualities, less back pressure, more performance etc.. Sometimes it comes down to personal taste and aesthetics. Wait till some of the aftermarket companies like ARK, Meisterschaft, Remus and others, you'll understand what I mean. Listen to some of the i30N exhausts on You Tube you'll hear the differences. There are also links posted on this forum to those i30 Exhausts

For our cars the exhaust "upgrades" are mostly just for sound. The stock exhaust is a 2.5" ID from beginning to end which will support a decent amount of power (more than the stock turbo can produce) and the muffler, when the exhaust valve is open, is a true straight-through design that completely bypasses any muffling/restrictions.

You'll still notice a bit of a power bump from upgrading to a 3" or larger turbo back system, but it won't be too drastic an increase.

Reactions: GazmaN and RPM8300
For our cars the exhaust "upgrades" are mostly just for sound. The stock exhaust is a 2.5" ID from beginning to end which will support a decent amount of power (more than the stock turbo can produce) and the muffler, when the exhaust valve is open, is a true straight-through design that completely bypasses any muffling/restrictions.

You'll still notice a bit of a power bump from upgrading to a 3" or larger turbo back system, but it won't be too drastic an increase.

titanium 70mm middle pipe is more loud than oem 20% over