• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Need help trouble shooting

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Yeah your still as annoying as I remember lol.

There are 3 local Ns ( tri state area) that had the HPFP changed because it WAS the issue. That's just 3 LOCAL, there are plenty of others on the FB groups who also had their HPFP changed because it WAS the issue. So based off what I've seen I'm assuming it could be that but it could be anything. Like I mentioned I need my regional hyundai systems back online so they can properly diagnosis it. Not saying it's the pump but I think it could be.

Dude chill out lol.
Dude chill out lol.
I think your the one who might need to take your own advice based upon your personal response. I offered it as a possible identification of the issue. I was here to help and you know the old saying, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Otherwise, If you receive a gift, do so graciously, without voicing criticisms.

Next time, I'll know to keep my knowledge to myself and leave you.to struggle with your problem.

Last edited:

Flexbox

May 8, 2021
USA
You won't believe the trouble I'm going through with this dealer. I tried to get them to get me a rental and they won't. They have 2 loaners and they only get rentals for the people with blown motors. The hyundai system is also currently down in the region. Apparently their scanners are linked to the system to start the diag process.

I have to wait at the very least for their system to come back online so they can properly scan it. The car for the most part is driving fine. My OBD2 reader sees all kinds of inconsistencies tho.

Before I went to the dealer I disconnected the battery to take out the rev6. Not thinking about it at the time, that cleared the code .

Let's go on talking about OBD2 scanner... I would like to know your opinion which one is better to choose? However, I found more information here https://www.topspeed.com/cars/best-obd2-scanner-in-2020-reviewed-ar189718.html What do you think about it?

N Faded oD

Nthusiast
Feb 17, 2019
Jersey
Quick update. Never really got to the bottom of this. The dealer replaced the HPFP and fuel trims did get better but still needed work.

I took a chance and went FBO with the pure turbo upgrade and sxth tune. Fuel trims look almost perfect now. No weird things going on.
The car is running great!

I wonder if it was just a shitty Hyundai tune in combination with a HPFP that was going bad. 🤷🏼‍♂️. Anyways point is the car is running awesome now.

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Quick update. Never really got to the bottom of this. The dealer replaced the HPFP and fuel trims did get better but still needed work.

I took a chance and went FBO with the pure turbo upgrade and sxth tune. Fuel trims look almost perfect now. No weird things going on.
The car is running great!

I wonder if it was just a shitty Hyundai tune in combination with a HPFP that was going bad. 🤷🏼‍♂️. Anyways point is the car is running awesome now.
Moot point now, with the addition of the tune and the turbo. Of course, you're now in the "NO WARRANTY ZONE!":p👍

Reactions: N Faded oD