• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

"N" vs "N Performance" Differences

I am all about diversity and stuff, but can we establish, that unless one is posting under a country specific forum, they should post in English or at least make the effort of using a translator? sorry to come across as a dickhead (once again) but I am interested in the discussion and maybe want to participate... If that is found to be inappropriate here, I will shut up about it no problem.

Today i put an endoscope camera into my 250hp N's exhaust and i discovered that the right pipe is always completely open. So the main difference between Performance and non Performance exhaust is the presence of the valve. Also, the left side of the resonator appears to be different from the one in the picture. That U shaped tube is not there.22070858_119140728777110_4318462467916169216_n.jpg
Credits to @mzmrgud on Instagram for the picture

Last edited:
Today i put an endoscope camera into my 250hp N's exhaust and i discovered that the right pipe is always completely open. So the main difference between Performance and non Performance exhaust is the presence of the valve. Also, the left side of the resonator appears to be different from the one in the picture. That U shaped tube is not there.View attachment 5677
Good Job. Never seen the "exhaust interior". Thank You for the picture!

Today i put an endoscope camera into my 250hp N's exhaust and i discovered that the right pipe is always completely open. So the main difference between Performance and non Performance exhaust is the presence of the valve. Also, the left side of the resonator appears to be different from the one in the picture. That U shaped tube is not there.View attachment 5677
Credits to @mzmrgud on Instagram for the picture
I kind of want the exhaust of the 250 N now, but with 2 flaps (that don't close completely) :p
LOUD IS GOOD

Reactions: alex2504
The PP muffler pic has been posted elsewhere here before.

I’ve already been thinking about my own custom catback design and seeing that muffler again makes me cringe.

The PP muffler pic has been posted elsewhere here before.

I’ve already been thinking about my own custom catback design and seeing that muffler again makes me cringe.
Why the cringe can I ask? just curious as this is the first car I've owned that I don't want to change the exhaust and I doubt it's overly restrictive? EDUCATE ME

Reactions: alex2504
In Australia we only have one version the N performance but in 2 levels of trim the standard or the luxury pack (extra $3000 Australian) and the only option is the sunroof.

Why the cringe can I ask? just curious as this is the first car I've owned that I don't want to change the exhaust and I doubt it's overly restrictive? EDUCATE ME

9264FA6E-6B1C-49E8-8E20-5472D2804014.jpeg

OCD and asymmetry do not mix. Also not after you’ve seen it done like so...

9B0F88E0-F791-4593-AAF5-5FC05B1C0851.jpeg

Packaging size due to space constraints are why they chose to implement how they did. Just don’t like the execution nor the quality.

View attachment 6066

OCD and asymmetry do not mix. Also not after you’ve seen it done like so...

View attachment 6065

Packaging size due to space constraints are why they chose to implement how they did. Just don’t like the execution nor the quality.

That's a beautiful piece, except for these parts... I don't know why they went with a 90* angle there, I would think it would actually be quieter and less restrictive if they made it smoothly flow into the exit pipes like so:

Exhaust.jpg

Also ironic that you mention OCD and symmetry when talking about the Veloster in general... :D

That's a beautiful piece, except for these parts... I don't know why they went with a 90* angle there, I would think it would actually be quieter and less restrictive if they made it smoothly flow into the exit pipes like so:

View attachment 6068

Also ironic that you mention OCD and symmetry when talking about the Veloster in general... :D
I knew that was coming. You can only look at one side at a time, unless you take a panoramic image. Luckily our eyes can’t do that. I never said the example was ideal regarding laminar flow. It was what I could quickly find regarding a general dual-single outlet configuration. The majority were dual-dual which wouldn’t work for obvious reasons.

Reactions: 1FastStagea
Given the differences between the two, for someone like me who doesn't intend to do any track days just use it as a second car, in town riding, school runs, the odd motorway journeys summing to a total of let's say 5000 miles a year, which one would you guys recommend?

If you get the non-performance N from a place near you considerably cheaper than the performance, go for it.

Otherwise don't, because barely anyone will buy the non performance N secondhand.

Reactions: N-perf
Hi I have the non performance N and I came from a golf GTI MK7.5 and it is plenty of car for exactly what N-perf is talking about, I find it really good fun to drive especially now it has it's new gear box.

Reactions: Damir