• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

N Light Sport Seats coming this October

These are the South Korean model Veloster N seats and are not necessarily those which will be available to the US. I waiting to see the seats that will be available in the US model. Hopefully, they will be these or very similar to these. There will be changes before it released. They always do.:)
Large-41843-2021HyundaiVelosterNOffersNEight-SpeedWetDual-ClutchTransmission-980x630.jpg.webp

These are the South Korean model Veloster N seats and are not necessarily those which will be available to the US. I waiting to see the seats that will be available in the US model. Hopefully, they will be these or very similar to these. There will be changes before it released. They always do.:)
Large-41843-2021HyundaiVelosterNOffersNEight-SpeedWetDual-ClutchTransmission-980x630.jpg.webp
We’ll see. 😃 Although I have contacted Hyundai and they told me that Veloster N’s that were made before the 2021MY is not equipped to be compatible for the N light sport seats. As for the explanation they have not told me why.

I see. So that probably means that even if I import the N Light Sport Seats from Korea(In case the ones offered in the US are different). They will not work 100% unless I get the BCM thats specifically for those seats?🤔

Most likely, the South Korean BCM will not identify the N-Light. The BCM controls more than just the seat and interior lights.
The automotive central body control module (BCM) is a processor-based power distribution center that supervises and controls functions related to the car body such as; lights, windows, security, door locks and access control, and various comfort controls. The central BCM also operates as a gateway for bus and network interfaces to interact with remote electronic control units (ECU) for other systems. Control of various loads comes directly from remote ECU via CAN/LIN communication or directly from the central body module. The BCM does not control any engine-related functions.
Trying to make everything function correctly with the South Korean (SK) Hyundai BCM may be a difficult task. Remember, even now there are a few options available on the South Korean Model VN, that aren't available on the US model. It's $228.00 for the US UNIT ASSY-BCM & RECEIVER. We have no idea what a (SK) BCM or the seats will cost. Nor do we know the specific options that are available on the SK VN.

Can it be done, Hyundai has told you no. So, respecting and trusting their response until someone has actually done the diligence, and disseminated the information is the key.:)

First you have to ask yourself; do I have the money available for such a purchase? Will a same or similar seat be available in the US VN? When they're available, then an appropriate US programmed BCM will be available.

Spending money to prove a point, is not the goal. Trusting and relying upon such professional information is. I'm sure the seats will, fit onto the chassis. The rest is an unknown factor at this time and are you actually willing or prepared to be the guinea pig so to speak. Keeping in mind is the risk worth the gain? Personally, I don't believe so.

I'm not trying to talk you into it or out of attempting it. I'm just helping you think thru such a purchase, without more direct information being available. Please keep in mind, "discretion is the better part of valor."👍

Last edited:
Hello guys, do we know if there is any update? Can we buy this seats, do they fit on the pre-facelift model?

Hello guys, do we know if there is any update? Can we buy this seats, do they fit on the pre-facelift model?
After I did the swap on my MY2019 Veloster N. I can confirm a couple of things:

The seat rails that are on the N Light Sport Bucket seats are the same as the ones from the MY2019 and MY2020. Airbag wires are the same. The only thing thats required is to wire the N logos to the dome lights.You do not need to work on anything else. Its basically a plug & play installation.

After I did the swap on my MY2019 Veloster N. I can confirm a couple of things:

The seat rails that are on the N Light Sport Bucket seats are the same as the ones from the MY2019 and MY2020. Airbag wires are the same. The only thing thats required is to wire the N logos to the dome lights.You do not need to work on anything else. Its basically a plug & play installation.

Great! I will have a look if it is too complicated the installation regarding the dome lights but I think it will be simple if all the other bits are the same! Where did you get the seats? Are the same that in the I30N?

Great! I will have a look if it is too complicated the installation regarding the dome lights but I think it will be simple if all the other bits are the same! Where did you get the seats? Are the same that in the I30N?
The seats were acquired by a friend of mine who lives in South Korea. The i30N gets the same N Light sport buckets(with Alcantara which is what mines are). The color of the wires may be different for the i30N but I could be wrong.