• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

N-ELANTRA IN THE WORKS!

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US

We shall see!!;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GazmaN

sgfastback

Sep 18, 2019
Sydney
Does this mean the end for the i30 Fastback N? They can't have both competing in the same market. Plus the i30N hatch.

sgfastback

Sep 18, 2019
Sydney
Don't believe so, it's just an additional model and I believe it will be available in only the US and Canada. We don't get the i30N either model.
Hope you are right, but it is already confirmed that the Elantra N is coming to AUS. It will be renamed the i30N sedan. We already have the i30N hatch and fastback. All 3 will have the same engine. Doesn't make sense.

GazmaN

Staff member
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
Hope you are right, but it is already confirmed that the Elantra N is coming to AUS. It will be renamed the i30N sedan. We already have the i30N hatch and fastback. All 3 will have the same engine. Doesn't make sense.
It makes sense if they want to sell more cars. The CN7 N won't even hit the assembly line until next year at least and they're just shooting at a different buyer for whom the "hot hatch" thing does not appeal. My bet is that they'll all be DCT and pitched at a more mature demographic that still wants something with some get-up 'n' go.

Reactions: R Veloster N

sgfastback

Sep 18, 2019
Sydney
It makes sense if they want to sell more cars. The CN7 N won't even hit the assembly line until next year at least and they're just shooting at a different buyer for whom the "hot hatch" thing does not appeal. My bet is that they'll all be DCT and pitched at a more mature demographic that still wants something with some get-up 'n' go.
I am 65 years old, so I am that "more mature demographic". Yet I wouldn't touch a car with a DCT. I have only ever owned manuals.

Reactions: GazmaN

GazmaN

Staff member
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
I am 65 years old, so I am that "more mature demographic". Yet I wouldn't touch a car with a DCT. I have only ever owned manuals.
But the majority are not like you, and that's why it makes sense for Hyundai to go down this road. I guarantee they'll sell more DCT Ns than manuals. At the end of the day the most important thing for them is to make money, and lots of it. We here in Australia know all too well what happens to car companies when the ledger is still "in the black", but not black enough.

Reactions: sgfastback