• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels N-cars Rims Database

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

padigree

Staff member
Hello everybody,

Anyone looking into this category is certainly aware of the importance of the so-called rotating mass. Not all manufacturers indicate the rim weights - and maybe not all specified weights are completely correct . So how about a list of rim weights that is interesting for N car drivers?

If possible, please weigh your rim (without tires) and enter the data as a post here.

-> Please submit a post with the following information:

- Rim manufacturer / Rim size / width / Press-in depths (ET) / Rim weight (measured by yourself? Manufacturer information? -> please note) / Weight with tires? Price?

And if you like to: A picture.

I would like to give an overview of rims with different criterias. While I was looking for some new rims, I had to realize that many details are very inaccurate or not available. In order to make it easier for our users to search and maybe to give inspiration, I think that this thread is a good investment of time to procure an overview.

So I'll edit the database posts and import your user posts. If someone has a creative idea, how to do it or if important information is missing, you are welcome to share it.

BTW: I don't know whats wrong at the moment, but I had to recreate this thread because I was unable to restore my edited posts. As long as I don't know if it's working again to restore deleted posts, you'll see " - #gimmesomespace -" spaceholder posts.

Cheers

padigree

Staff member

Last edited:
Great idea, info online is poor from manufacturers.

These are just for ref as not verified but I think are pretty accurate.

(Please delete if not useful)

All 19" Size
View attachment 9503
This is really good, I have been eyeing up the Misano Grey wheel and was always under the impression that it would be quite heavy, but it looks like it's one of the lightest ones in this comparison.

This is really good, I have been eyeing up the Misano Grey wheel and was always under the impression that it would be quite heavy, but it looks like it's one of the lightest ones in this comparison.
Its my number one choice now as well (thats why that one is in bold, forgot ot change it before posting).

Cost vs weight savings its hard to find better.

Very usefull thread. I was facing the same problem, it looks like that some manufacturers are not interested in showing the weight of their rims.

One remark, the Motec Ultralight 18" rims have an ET50 not ET45, they are what I am looking for :D

MCR2_EN.png

I hope this thread get bigger and we could have a rims database for our N-cars. If I finally buy it, I'll weigh it with and without a tire.