• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels N-cars Rims Database

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hello everybody,

Anyone looking into this category is certainly aware of the importance of the so-called rotating mass. Not all manufacturers indicate the rim weights - and maybe not all specified weights are completely correct . So how about a list of rim weights that is interesting for N car drivers?

If possible, please weigh your rim (without tires) and enter the data as a post here.

-> Please submit a post with the following information:

- Rim manufacturer / Rim size / width / Press-in depths (ET) / Rim weight (measured by yourself? Manufacturer information? -> please note) / Weight with tires? Price?

And if you like to: A picture.

I would like to give an overview of rims with different criterias. While I was looking for some new rims, I had to realize that many details are very inaccurate or not available. In order to make it easier for our users to search and maybe to give inspiration, I think that this thread is a good investment of time to procure an overview.

So I'll edit the database posts and import your user posts. If someone has a creative idea, how to do it or if important information is missing, you are welcome to share it.

BTW: I don't know whats wrong at the moment, but I had to recreate this thread because I was unable to restore my edited posts. As long as I don't know if it's working again to restore deleted posts, you'll see " - #gimmesomespace -" spaceholder posts.

Cheers

padigree

Staff member
Apr 1, 2018
Germany
www.youtube.com

Last edited by a moderator:

loafer-N77

Staff member
Feb 4, 2019
UK
Great idea, info online is poor from manufacturers.

These are just for ref as not verified but I think are pretty accurate.

(Please delete if not useful)

All 19" Size
1570606985299.png

Reactions: N30 TEJ and Kobrah

c4bl3

Feb 21, 2019
Germany
Motec ultralight - 8,0x18 - ET45 - 8,4kg ~269€
Motec ultralight - 8,5x19 - ET45 - 9,3kg ~ 279€

Bronze
MCR2-8519-BM-schr.png

Black
MCR2-8519-FB-schr.png

Silver
MCR2-8519-LG-schr.png

iiNNEX

Sep 5, 2019
Surrey, UK
Great idea, info online is poor from manufacturers.

These are just for ref as not verified but I think are pretty accurate.

(Please delete if not useful)

All 19" Size
View attachment 9503
This is really good, I have been eyeing up the Misano Grey wheel and was always under the impression that it would be quite heavy, but it looks like it's one of the lightest ones in this comparison.

Reactions: loafer-N77

loafer-N77

Staff member
Feb 4, 2019
UK
This is really good, I have been eyeing up the Misano Grey wheel and was always under the impression that it would be quite heavy, but it looks like it's one of the lightest ones in this comparison.
Its my number one choice now as well (thats why that one is in bold, forgot ot change it before posting).

Cost vs weight savings its hard to find better.

Reactions: iiNNEX

Tannercillo

Feb 14, 2019
Germany
Very usefull thread. I was facing the same problem, it looks like that some manufacturers are not interested in showing the weight of their rims.

One remark, the Motec Ultralight 18" rims have an ET50 not ET45, they are what I am looking for :D

MCR2_EN.png

I hope this thread get bigger and we could have a rims database for our N-cars. If I finally buy it, I'll weigh it with and without a tire.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

Tannercillo

Feb 14, 2019
Germany
Finally I have my Motec wheels mounted on my car.

IMG_20191030_081723_737_15.jpg

I could weigh the wheel but unfortunately not the rim only. The tire is Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 225/40 R18 92W and the rim Motec Ultralight 8x18 ET50.

Take this measurement with a grain of salt, because I have weighed it only once and it is less than expected. At least in theory, the weight of the wheel would be: tire 10,1 kg + rim 8,2 kg + TMPS sensor (no idea but not significant). So in total it should be at least 18,3 kg.

Reactions: padigree

without

Jan 17, 2019
Germany
Another one:
TEC GT6 Evo - 8x19 ET40 - 10.6 kg (rim only, weighed by manufacturer) - 20.3 kg (rim + P Zero, weighed by myself) - ~200€ in Germany

REM66

Oct 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 limited edition.
19" x 8.5 et45

Confirmed weight = 10.4kg.
Look better in your pictures than the Demon Tweeks ones :)

How much clearance do you have to the wheel arch lip? I'm tempted to get a set of these but concerned that ET45 and the extra 0.5" will make things tight

Reactions: loafer-N77