• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Engine Red i30N Performance from Bulgaria

Yes that is quite bad and would p*ss me off as well, as a matter of interest why are you removing the locking wheel nuts? surely by doing that they are easier to steal.
I'm removing them because it's a hassle every time I change tyres. The tyre shop always either lose the "key" or place it somewhere I can't find it later. Plus they look ugly. I'm not concerned about theft because I park in a secured underground car park. Also there are so few N cars (about 5) where I live that it makes the rims undesirable for thieves. Wheel thefts are extremely rare in my country. They usually steal the car itself which I'm also not scared of because it's so rare. If I were in the UK I'd park my car in the living room and sleep in it lol

The condensation in headlight issues you have, how bad is it? Can you post a pic?

Reason I ask is because it is quite normal for this to happen in LED headlights, although it should only be light misting and not full on condensation around the whole assembly.
Here are pics of both headlights. Both now condense.
1F29CE01-A147-4793-AEFB-58681DAD6103.jpeg6978CFF6-EB7F-49C8-895C-56FEDE191713.jpeg

Those look exactly like mine do in early morning, especially if I try to wash the car when it's cold outside.

I believe it is completely normal, I've seen the same happen on BMWs and Porsches with LED lights.

Those look exactly like mine do in early morning, especially if I try to wash the car when it's cold outside.

I believe it is completely normal, I've seen the same happen on BMWs and Porsches with LED lights.
We've had 5 full LED cars in the family. This is the only one with condensation in the headlights. I think it's an i30N issue. Asked 3 people at the dealer. All said that mine is the first LED i30 they've ever sold with this issue. I take their words with a grain of salt of course. It's not impacting the visibility but it just looks cheap and enforces the "Korean cars are built poorly" myth that a lot of people have mentioned to me since I got the car. I love the car and won't be selling it any time soon but stuff like this makes sure my next car won't be a Hyundai.

Had to have the new winters reinstalled today because the first tyre shop didn't "pop" them properly so the sidewalls didn't have proper contact with the rims. The result was a wobbly ride. The correct way to do it is to inflate them to 5-6 bar after installing them so the tyres can stretch out properly. After that you let the air out and inflate them to recommended pressures. The first tyre shop had only inflated them to 3 bar so they didn't stretch out fully.

78053096_427490991255637_3819072236564774912_n.jpg

Reactions: iiNNEX
Like what you've done with 'finishing off' the roof. Now that you've debadged it, are you just going to paint that leftover adhesive black or what :p?

Had PPF (PremiumShield) put on the front of the car today (bumper, fenders, hood, headlights, mirrors and A pillars). Can't notice it at all with a naked eye. Next step is to detail and ceramic coat the rest of the car. Only then will I be able to stop worrying and enjoy the damn thing. :D

Reactions: Bu11eT and GazmaN
A friend got me these as gift. I tried them out but I think I'll be removing them. Because they are aluminium and not rubber they make a rattle when other metal stuff touches them (coins, phone charger etc.). Plus they don't fit as snug as my OCD would like even though they are specific for the hatchback. I'll keep them in the glovebox and put them back when riding with that particular friend so he doesn't get offended :D

1D6DE3B7-2F3E-4B5F-B0A7-7E0E0ECD1A18.jpeg

Reactions: Kchar and Cavaco90
Since I can't edit my first post for some reason (I guess it's become too old) I'll continue my service history in a new post.

Service expenses at dealer:
- 1000 km post run-in oil and oil filter change - 119 EUR (132USD)
- 10000 km service - 119 EUR (132USD)
- 20000 km service - 193 EUR
- 30000 km service - 205 EUR, Sunroof service - 40 EUR, New front wipers - 35 EUR
- 40000 km service - 164 EUR

Last edited:
Reactions: GazmaN
Since I can't edit my first post for some reason
Editing options got restricted after some abuse but we're looking at freeing this up again. Thanks for your patience in the meantime, and for sharing your service history (except for the front wiper replacement bit - it's still a very, very sore point for me 😞).

Reactions: s.arhangelov
Left the N at the dealer yesterday because of an annoying exhaust rattle during cold starts (attaching short video).
First heard it about a month ago and it’s been getting worse every day.
Dealer just called to tell me they’ve ordered a new exhaust back box since the rattle is coming from a heat shield inside it.
Guess a weld spot became loose. I presume it’s due to a combination of poor welding and the constant pops&bangs I produce:D

My dealer has been pretty great when it comes to warranty work (as long as they can reproduce the issue). They go right ahead and order a new part. No hassle.

I just hope it comes before Tuesday because I’m going on a local 1600km car rally and it’s going to suck sitting there every morning and getting looks from the Megane RS owners while my car rattles its way to engine warmth:D

Reactions: GazmaN
Guess a weld spot became loose. I presume it’s due to a combination of poor welding and the constant pops&bangs I produce:D

yep, typical problem, the metal separators of the back box become loose cause of the pops and bangs.
This and the loosened exhaust valve are the two parts which break more often than not on our cars. But nothing to worry about :)

Dealer changed my exhaust back box and I did a 5 day rally afterwards. Generated a years worth of pops and bangs in 5 days :D
The exhaust rattle is completely gone. What's interesting is that my issue with starting the engine is also gone. My N used to have trouble starting as if it's not getting enough fuel (an issue some N owners are familiar with). Ever since the new back box was fitted, no issues at all while starting. Starts right up. I can't logically explain what one has to do with the other.
Anyone?
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop and for the issue to reappear.

*Dealer said they didn't do anything but replace the exhaust back box. No software, no nothing.

• Wow
Reactions: GazmaN and Bu11eT
Did a smoke test to see if there are any leaks both under the hood and along the exhaust. Found a small leak from the exhaust manifold (probably a gasket). I’ll have it replaced next service since it’s not a big deal.
What surprised me was the leak from the brand new exhaust back box that my dealer replaced a month ago. Guess it’s time for a new back box…..again :rolleyes:

1FFFE640-9B32-4EFF-BE08-F70EFEC63D8F.jpeg