• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Motec Ultralight Wheels - Colour options

Great to know, you may have already said it but are you both running 8.5J or should I go for 8? Worried if I get the whiteline springs it may rub with 8.5’s.

c4bl3

The 8x19 are new. Motec started to produce them a few months ago.
If I had the choice I would go for 8x19 for now. With the 8.5x19 on the stock Pirelli PZero you have a lot of stretch cause the PZero has the width of a 215-225 tire. And if you also want to add springs then it's definitely better to go for 8x19.

The 8x19 are new. Motec started to produce them a few months ago.
If I had the choice I would go for 8x19 for now. With the 8.5x19 on the stock Pirelli PZero you have a lot of stretch cause the PZero has the width of a 215-225 tire. And if you also want to add springs then it's definitely better to go for 8x19.
Cheers, is yours standard ride height? Looks a bit lower than stock, that or the extra width makes them look more flush. 19x8 is probably a good shout then. Plus the PS4S in that size is £30 less per corner!

c4bl3

Cheers, is yours standard ride height? Looks a bit lower than stock, that or the extra width makes them look more flush. 19x8 is probably a good shout then. Plus the PS4S in that size is £30 less per corner!
I have H&R springs. So lowered 35mm.
The PS4S will be my next tire. But it's a lot of wider than the PZero. The PS4S is like a 245 tire.
So with my 8.5x19, springs and the PS4S it will definitely grind.

iiNNEX

I have H&R springs. So lowered 35mm.
The PS4S will be my next tire. But it's a lot of wider than the PZero. The PS4S is like a 245 tire.
So with my 8.5x19, springs and the PS4S it will definitely grind.
My plan was to go with 19x8.5 and PS4S 235/35/19, but only drop the car 20-25mm (whiteline or STA springs).

That should be fine as far as rubbing is concerned right?

c4bl3

No because the problem won’t be the height. It‘s cause of the width. The PS4S is a big/wide tire and 8.5 is 0.5 more than stock.
Normal driving won’t be affected so much I guess. But on the track or driving the car on it‘s limit it will grind 100% (experience of other guys).

I think you mean 225/40.
No, I mean what i wrote. 235/40 R18;), same circumference as 235/35 R19.
Bit „more“ tire to work with. Sadly there‘s no sporty Michelin at that size. PS4 are too sedan-ish. I love the PS2 and PSS for years now, but looks like Goodyear Superport in 235/40.

iiNNEX

No because the problem won’t be the height. It‘s cause of the width. The PS4S is a big/wide tire and 8.5 is 0.5 more than stock.
Normal driving won’t be affected so much I guess. But on the track or driving the car on it‘s limit it will grind 100% (experience of other guys).
So the Michelin is more like a 245 size tyre compared to the P zero, hence that is what is going to get it to rub? Damn, I guess the only option then is to go 10/15mm drop with Eibachs.

Thing is I want the 8.5 wheel because I feel like the 8.0 we have now needs a spacer to look flush.

Looks like I will go for the bronze ones in 8x18 ET50 with 235/40 on my shadow grey hatch in spring.
The 18'' look small on this car, imho. I would and will go for 8,5j19R with 245/35 tire. Little more careful on potholes and monitor the pressure so they are 38/35 psi