• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

More weird noises

Dimi_dboe

Dec 10, 2019
Florida
Hello, I’ve been a proud VN PP owner for the past 7 months I’ve had no major problems. Maybe some annoyances but nothing crazy.
Today I turned my car on and it’s done this a few times maybe once or twice a week but the I turned the engine on and it seemed to bog down as if not all the cylinders were working very very low RPMs. I could hear it struggling then I heard a high pitched grinding noise as if I was grinding a gear I was in neutral with the clutch all the way to the floor, then it went away. I Turned off the car and turned it back on and it started full force.

I saw something in other forums regarding something to do with the the starter motor or solenoid. I park in a slight incline where my motor is higher and than the gas tank. I thought it had something to do with maybe an underpowered fuel pump.

However, that grinding noise scared me.

Nomad17

Dec 21, 2018
USA
I would think pressing the start button should just be an automated series of events that occurs until the engine fires, and that a quick press should be the same as holding it down, but I occasionally had the same thing you’re describing and since I started holding the start button a full second it has not happened again.

Could be coincidence but worth a shot. I think it may be an injector issue, and this is just a potential bandaid on the problem, but to get the dealer to replicate it is a slim chance and unless you have a great relationship with someone there I don’t think video evidence would do any good.

Dimi_dboe

Dec 10, 2019
Florida
I guess I am going to have to keep recording every cold start because that noise was startling.

thank you for the response buddy :)