• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Mike's long journey to 300whp

After many hit and misses with mounts i decided to try a magnetic one from a-tach with a tablet strength magnet because i dont trust magnet mounts with thousand dollar devices lol.

Its really strong and secure through bumps and all so hopefully during an emergency braking situation, it wont self destruct like my last 3 mounts 😂

Overall the quality was a bit meh, i expected the pieces to be metal, not so much this cheep plastic feeling, but it does feel strong and stable which is the important thing. And it places my close enough for quick glances at the JB4 application. But not to close that it interferes with shifting or takes to much time to focus on.Screenshot_20201021-163126_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201021-235415_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201021-235415_Gallery.jpg
    643.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20201021-235428_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201021-235428_Gallery.jpg
    750.6 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
After many hit and misses with mounts i decided to try a magnetic one from a-tach with a tablet strength magnet because i dont trust magnet mounts with thousand dollar devices lol.

Its really strong and secure through bumps and all so hopefully during an emergency braking situation, it wont self destruct like my last 3 mounts 😂

Overall the quality was a bit meh, i expected the pieces to be metal, not so much this cheep plastic feeling, but it does feel strong and stable which is the important thing. And it places my close enough for quick glances at the JB4 application. But not to close that it interferes with shifting or takes to much time to focus on.View attachment 15397
It's a good mount, I've been utilizing one for over a year. even with iPad Mini.:)

Reactions: Mikemr305
Might be, the turbo water pump needs to be replaced. You'll have to purchase a mechanics stethoscope to listen to the pump and know for sure. :)
1605809527401.png
By the sound and placement it's a good guess. Does it sound like it coming from the left side/rear of the engine near the firewall?

Would anyone happen to know the part number for the turbo inlet gasket? Since the turbo unit comes with the inlet i cant seem to find a part # for the gasket

Turbo inlet gasket behind the metal inlet and the turbo?
6b28a86076ee5dce6ba33ef8c2d5de8e.png

I believe it's the same as the downpipe gasket 28535-2G350/$26.23. Both the compressor and turbine bolt patterns are the same. One is Turbine side is just canted. However, let me verify it for you. :)

Last edited:
Turbo inlet gasket behind the metal inlet and the turbo?
6b28a86076ee5dce6ba33ef8c2d5de8e.png

I believe it's the same as the downpipe gasket 28535-2G350/$26.23. Both the compressor and turbine bolt patterns are the same. One is Turbine side is just canted. However, let me verify it for you. :)

The inlet gasket is 3 bolt not 4 bolt so i dont think its the same as the downpipe one 🤔
I was told by someone that its pretty much impossible to replace because the inlet comes with the turbo but that doesnt make any sense. Youd expect every gasket to be replaceable eventually

My current gasket seems to be in pretty bad shape and it may be the cause of the noise ive been hearing ? Regardless its something i want to change after seeing the condition of it 😂

Reactions: R Veloster N
Possibly, however here would need to be a tear in the gasket for it to blowout.🤔 Worth a look, see and try a new one. I however have done this twice and really don't want to do it again. Knuckle busting !@# proposition and tight as dicks hatband.:)