• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Mike's long journey to 300whp

Things already done

Weathertech floor/trunk liners
Weathertech sunbrella car cover (tan)
Forge turbo inlet adaptor kit (blue)
Wellvisor wind/rain deflectors
Rallyarmor mudflaps (black/perf blue)
Quicklift elite struts (carbon fiber)
Powerflex motor mount bushing (purple)
Boomba stage 2 catch can (blue)
Sxth element mac bov solonoid
Sxth element downpipe
ARP stud kit 400-8008 (WARNING not oem size)
Sxth element intercooler
Turbo Tech upper motor mount
Turbo Tech lower motor mount
M style mirror covers (carbon style)
Alcantara shift knob/boot
Redline transmission fluid
CERMA transmission treatment
WeAreLikewise Suzuka & Neil Diamond (Tiffany and hoe)
Adro carbon fiber wing
Boomba shifter base & transmission bushings
JB4
GFB dual port BOV with whistling trumpet
Boomba short throw shift adapter plate
AFE takeda Momentum Intake

Things ive purchased and am currently waiting on shipping/ installation

Anarchy Motives Titan (galaxy)

Things i have interest in but have not yet invested in

Fifteen52 Turbomac 18×8.5
SoCalGarageWorks carbon fiber steering wheel
Tints
Ceramic coating
Continental extremecontact dws 06
Boomba Catch can stage 1
Whiteline 22mm front and rear swaybars
Pierce Motorsports 4point chassis brace
Pierce Motorsports 2point chassis brace
Pierce Motorsports trunk brace
N performance Hood brace

Things Removed or Replaced

Forge blow off/recirculating valve [SOLD]
M54XL spark plugs (missfires on idle rpms)
Forge induction kit (blue)
Forge Motorsports short shifter

Reactions: Ghost
The car did NOT like the transition from forge to AFE lol it drove terribly for a few days but i guess as it adjusted itself and i adjusted the GFB and JB4, it finally ia driving great. I do miss the intake noises but they are replaced with far more noticeable BOV and Turbo noises so its a fine trade off. GFB is a pain to adjust now though as i have to remove the box every time 🙄

The car did NOT like the transition from forge to AFE lol it drove terribly for a few days but i guess as it adjusted itself and i adjusted the GFB and JB4, it finally ia driving great. I do miss the intake noises but they are replaced with far more noticeable BOV and Turbo noises so its a fine trade off. GFB is a pain to adjust now though as i have to remove the box every time 🙄
ECU will adapt depending upon air flow. More than likely, the possible adjustments in the the GBF and JB4 were the key. :)

Reactions: Mikemr305
Re installed the HKS gapped to 0.022 this time and so far they're perfect now. Interesting experience i guess. Stock NGKs were in PERFECT condition too, so they help up very nicely all things considered. They never let me down but i always suspected they weren't running 100% well so i gave the HKS another shot with the community recommended gap.

I occasionally hear some rattling in the flexpipe / midpipe section of the exhaust so i though i had some loose bolts down there and the gasket was rattling or something. I spend yesterday doing some general maintenance on every aftermarket part so i gave every bolt i could find a re torque lol downpipe was the most annoying to get to as i had to remove the O2 sensor for the sxth heat shield to be removed as it was in the way. Nuts were still nice and tight on there though but it was worth the re assurance. Adjusted the BOV again and its running great now. I did tighten the exhaust nuts as well, they weren't loose but i was able to tighten all of them a hair more and the rattling continued. I suspect i know what it is but its not really a big deal right now as its only a noticable rattle at low speeds in normal mode.
All in all, cars still running great and im trying my best to keep it that way 😂

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Damn I also have an annoying rattle somewhere around the exhaust system. Though I'll wait till I install the new flexpipe and then check around.
The mid pipe has these weird metal zip tie looking things holding some sort of heat shielding on, and i suspect thats the noise. Might be solved with a new midpipe section

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
My rattling comes from the rear silencer..after some time with aftermarket dp,flex and gpf removal I guess it should be expected..
Listening today, it kind of sounds like the valve itself is a bit loose. Idk man its frustrating 😂

It is a fact the valve itself is rattling.
But I have noticed that when revving at around 2.5 -3K rpm I have a rattling coming from the rear silencer itself.

Reactions: Mikemr305
What is up with the valve? So far (knock on wood) mine is not rattling. Will suck if it starts too. My DP is coming on Sept. 7th from Jet Hot in OK City. I hope that doesn't start to make it rattle.

Br,

-Mike

Last edited:
Definitely bro, the whole work schedule makes it rough but the spot they started at today was 10 minutes from work so the stars kind of aligned 😂