• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Mike's long journey to 300whp

Mikemr305

Dec 24, 2019
Miami
Ok so i drove home like a mad man again but with the JB4 off on map 0 and the turbo glows red as well lol kind of crazy, a track day in this thing must have the turbo blood red from the heat if a 10 minute drive home gets it to glow a bit

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
Ok so i drove home like a mad man again but with the JB4 off on map 0 and the turbo glows red as well lol kind of crazy, a track day in this thing must have the turbo blood red from the heat if a 10 minute drive home gets it to glow a bit
Weird 🤔I beat the balls off my car from time to time and I’m FBO running map 5 and have yet to get my turbo to this point.

Mikemr305

Dec 24, 2019
Miami
Weird 🤔I beat the balls off my car from time to time and I’m FBO running map 5 and have yet to get my turbo to this point.
Interesting, idk it is usually pitch black out and when i check the glow is faint so maybe thats why i notice it.
Or i actually might be a bit low on oil regardless of what the dipstick says?
Do the turbo tech mounts maybe make the engine sit at a different angle and im getting inaccurate measurements? Becuase i swear this car takes more than exactly 5 qts

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Might have had a bit too much fun driving home on map 1 as my turbo was a glowing a bit red hot 😳
Not sure if it can get that hot normally, gotta admit it looked cool but probably taking a few thousand miles off its life lol 😅View attachment 14059
This is normal and will do so nearly every time it's driven. :)

As far as the TTR upper mount is concerned, yes. It actually puts the engine at level. The OEM mount cants to the drivers side by about 2-3 degrees. Fill to what Hyundai recommends with the filter change, no matter. It will be a bit over the mark but no worries. :)

Mike, I'm going to keep saying this; RELAX & BREATHE, the car is fine just drive it and stop worrying about it.😁

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikemr305

Mikemr305

Dec 24, 2019
Miami
Well im not low on oil upon further investigation. Service manual says over 6qts total in the car but the oil pan only holds 4.8qt and a drain and refill requires a hair over 5qts. Interesting
Screenshot_20200629-153508_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
Im getting alot of back and forth saying its normal and or its not normal so idk.
Its normal on some cars sure but this is not something ive seen on this car. With all the heatsheilds in the way and how quick youd have to check the turbo after a hard drive, its not something immediately noticeable, so if anyones willing, after a hard drive with sustained turbo usage, quickly check the turbo while you let it cool to see if its glows faintly. Preferably in the dark as i might not even be able to see the glow in the day lol

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
RELAX, don't get stressed. Don't beat yourself up either. Be kind to yourself, seriously and be a friend to yourself. Why would you talk badly to a friend let alone yourself? Think about it, then apply the lesson everyday.

You certainly don't know everything there is to know about the tuner. Read, learn and apply. Simply, write down what you find out, so you don't forget and while you're at it write down the good things you did today and everyday. Focus on them and let the others go.

The only time you have to worry, is never. Will worrying ever help anything? Realize it and practice not worrying. :)

Last edited: