• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

Mike's long journey to 300whp

Before you do, order more Turbo Studs from ARP I believe they are M10 X 1.25 or 1.50 X M48 and some good penetrating oil. The norm is the OEM's will break off. If you've got an impact and a long extension use it along with a multipoint socket.

https://www.sxthelement.com/Turbo-Outlet-Downpipe-Stud-p/mia-fst-030.htm

I won't lie to you either, they're tough buggers to get off. Best if you have access to a lift.

https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/360-380bhp-build.3792/#post-59700
View attachment 11737View attachment 11738
For some reason sxth includes arp nuts but not studs lol
Are those replacement studs from sxth better than oem because from what i could tell they didnt seem too specific

I can't believe they didn't bother to send the studs.:confused:
Hey red, do you know which kit will fit perfectly because there's a few stud kits available in m10x1.25,
Is it the 400-8008 you posted or will the slightly cheeper 400-8003 work as well?

Edit; so i bought the stud kit 400-8008, and some blue thread locker so looks like im pushing my install back to next Sunday

Last edited:
Quick update;
My studs are coming on Friday so for sure this sunday my installation attempt begins 😂
Ive had this damn downpipe in my closet mocking me for just under 2 weeks. After watching sxths video its not really that complicated just a matter of having enough space and taking your time. It'll be very disappointing to end up not having the room to take the oem out but if it comes to it, ill at least try to replace the studs before looking for a worthy shop to do the rest of the work for me.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
If you're going to have a shop do the install, just leave it alone and let them do everything. It won't cost over $150 from a good shop to replace it.

The problem is getting the car high enough to take the OEM downpipe down and putting the one piece SXTH unit in. It's going to take some snaking around to get it out and the other in. You need to get the car at least 2.5' off the ground. Much better if you can stand under it. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikemr305
Update;
Screenshot_20200320-183154_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200320-183140_Gallery.jpg finally got those studs and jesus by the packaging you would have though i bought uranium or something. Anywho, theyre alot thicker than i expected but thank the lord for the genius who put an Allan wrench opening on the end of it. Getting oem out might be a pain but putting these puppies in is going to be easy. Thanks to the quarantine i have literally no excuse to not go at it on Sunday 👍

Few things done already. Got those nuts off which was probably one of the scariest things ive had to do on the car. Only thing scarier is going to be getting the studs themselves on. Currently stuck on loosening the flex pipe nuts as they are tightened like a mo fo. Borrowing my dads impact gun as we speak. So far so good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200322-110119_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200322-110119_Gallery.jpg
    608.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20200322-110058_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200322-110058_Gallery.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 100
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Small hickup. The arp studs are NOT the oem size. For some stupid reason the arp comes with 1.25 on one side (oem) and 1.5 on the other but it comes with 1.25 nuts. Currently omw to auto parts to buy 1.5 nuts as a quick fix

Reactions: R Veloster N
How so; thread pitch, length, diameter size? I've already utilized them for my VN. Do you have the OEM studs removed already?
400-8036 would have worked but 400-8008 has 2 different thread thicknesses on each side. The 1.25 side fits into the turbo but it does not come with 1.5 nuts only 1.25 nuts.

Well you can either utilize the OEM Studs and nuts they've provided or go to your local hardware store and purchase the nuts you require.

I'm baffled, they fit perfectfully as a replacement for me.

So let me make sure of what you're saying;

You flipped the studs around with the end that has the nut, into the turbo? Is this correct? Or you utilized them for the Flex pipe?

Last edited:
So let me make sure of what you're saying;

You flipped the studs around with the end that has the nut, into the turbo? Is this correct? Or you utilize them for the Flex pipe?
Im currenrly flipping the studs to fit the turbo and i just bought some 10x1.5 zink nuts as a easy fix.

Attachments

• 15848969267388549446274911782794.jpg
    15848969267388549446274911782794.jpg
    915.5 KB · Views: 42
I'll stand by and wait for you to respond at your leisure. Mike, may I suggest you get stainless nuts. You can get them almost anywhere they sell metric nuts and bolts. True Value, Ace, Home Depot, Lowes.

I apologize for the mess up but they were the same ones I utilized for a downpipe install and had no problems.

I'll stand by and wait for you to respond at your leisure. Mike, may I suggest you get stainless nuts. You can get them almost anywhere they sell metric nuts and bolts. True Value, Ace, Home Depot, Lowes.

I apologize for the mess up but they were the same ones I utilized for a downpipe install and had no problems.
Ill definitely upgrade to stainless steel but zink will have to do for the time being as i need the car running by tonight lol. Youve been more of a help than you've had to be, dont worry about the slip up, these things happen. 👍 :)

Last edited:
Ah crap, listen I can send you a set of the others if you need them. I have both available. It's not a problem I just need you address. PM me if you need them. NO charge, nothing, just an address.:)
Dont worry red they still work, just needed new nuts. Its really not worth the trouble of disassembling it again lol stainless steel nuts are less than 10 bucks so its really not an issue. Thanks for the offer though!