• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Mike's Ghost Rider!

Ghost

Nthusiast
Aug 14, 2019
Northeast
First off want to give Red a big shout out for the title of this thread. :)

Secondly, I have no idea where to start. So I will start off with the first install I did.

It was the Uniq collar install. Here is the link: https://uniqperformance.ca/product/2019veloster-n-turbo-4-piece-rigid-collar-kit-front-kit-only/

And here is the link on the install: https://www.velostern.com/threads/uniq-performance-collar-install.573/

Sorry for the links but I am too lazy to do another wrtie-up. lol.... Any future installs that I do will be done in this thread.

So far on this build I have done:

Uniq collar kit
Mishimoto Catch Can (PCV side)
SXTH Element oil cap
Afe Scorcher piggyback
WhiteLine 24MM rear sway-bar(On softest setting)
Pierce 4pt and trunk brace
Tekada Momentum CAI
Forge turbo inlet
Interior white light led kit
Aem obd2 gauge w/ AeroForce pod
Cerma oil, turbo, and transmission treatments (love this $hit!)
Amsoil 5w30 Signature Series oil (changed at 4500 miles)
Magnetic oil plug
Ttr upper & lower motor mounts
Velossa Tech Intake Snorkel (Love it)
GFB recirculating BOV
HKS M45XL Plugs
Redline MT-LV Trans. Fluid
Rally Armor Mud Flaps (Black with red lettering)
RaceArt Solenoid Holder
Wagner Tuning FMIC
MAC BOV Solenoid
JBR Racing Short Shifter and Shifter plate bushings
Jet-Hot coated Ark Mid-pipe
Gloss Black Enkei TS-10's
N-Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Bar
Real Carbon Fiber Fuel Door
Jet-Hot coated Scorpion cat-less DP

So, I will add more as I go along and think of it. Thanks for any interest in this build as it is used as a daily driver in the summertime only.

Best regards,

-Mike

Attachments

• VN Rim.jpg
    VN Rim.jpg
    323.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Nice post!!

Mac Bov Solenoid problem is only the placement. With the Raceart Mount it mounts back into it original location. No issues with the plastic fitting once it's in place.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost
Didn't someone replace those with brass ones? If so, I'd love to know where to get them? I have the link to that mount but want brass ends before I go buy another and install it. ;) Do I need different screws with the new mount? Thanks in advance, Red.

-Mike

Last edited:
Mike did I believe but he's been the only one.

@Mikemr305, can you post specifically where you got the brass fitting with a link, please!! :)

No, with the Raceart it comes with the screws and mounting bolt.

So, it's plug and play, Red? If so, that'd be great. I've spent a $hit load of money already, what's a little more, right? :) lol...

Thanks for everything, Red. You've been great!

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: R Veloster N
Ok, I just purchased a new MAC BOV solenoid and a black RaceArt solenoid holder. Gee, today was a little expensive.... I also got a new Wagner Tuning inter-cooler too. lol.... I can't wait!!!! And then a Chip down pipe is coming too. The only other thing I really want is the Boomba spacers when they are done. I think that's gonna be it for a while.... lol...

-M

Last edited:
You are not kidding , Red. I have to say, I absolutely LOVE this little car. So much fun! And it's just a hoot to work on. So far everything has been relatively easy. It seems to be very well thought out in many, many aspects. I mean after the spacers what else is there really? Bigger turbo? I am not doing... Maybe intake manifold when that's done and who know if it will be compatible with the Boomba spacers?..... I guess we will see...

-M

The top one broke in and there is now movement at the bottom mount. It's NOT bad but I notice everything. Sad but true....

Br,

-Mike

I'm lost here @Ghost. Are you talking about the TTR Upper and Lower mounts or something else? :)

The standard lower mount even with the purple bushings, is going to move. It's designed that way purposefully. The only way to stop it is to replace if with the TTR mount.

Last edited:
Right now, I have the Ttr upper mount and a purple powerflex lower one. I am excited to get the black lower Ttr mount. I am very excited!!!

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: R Veloster N