• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Microphone in engine bay. Pipercross filter turbo flutter.

How much of that can you hear inside the car though? With the lid on ideally?
Zero , you can’t hear any of that noise . However revving to 3k/4K and letting off gives massive crackles and burbles which I am guessing is caused from the flutter - however could be completely wrong on this

Reactions: Mattymofo
Zero , you can’t hear any of that noise . However revving to 3k/4K and letting off gives massive crackles and burbles which I am guessing is caused from the flutter - however could be completely wrong on this

I really don't think so mate. The burbles and crackles are an ECU tune, the filter changes the restriction on airflow, don't see how that is linked.

It's why when some cars are remapped they can have a "pop and bang" map put on, which regulates the fuelling to cause them.

Running the lid off makes no sense to me, the set up with the filter needs the lid on to make sure it's securely held in

Especially with the Pipercross filter. I have the Dry version, and it's not the tightest fit. The oem filter kind of locks in with the push wedge. The lid holds it down better. I only use the Pipercross on track days.