• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Mega hot hatch test

It looks like I have bought 2 right hot hatces at the moment:
I30n for hardcore track action
Megane R.S. Trophy with ECD for everyday usage + stock car track days

I am sooooooo pleased ;)

Well Renault doesn't sell in the US and the Volkswagen R is crap in the US. So, that leaves the Hyundai and this means the Veloster N, cause the Elantra N-Line 1.6T is lethargic by comparison.

Why are they calling the i30N a hot hatch? Hot hatch is the Golf (R, tcr, whatever).
The N is a motorsports car and WAY superior than the golf ffs

Considering the i30N's power deficit and it's heavier weight, I'm impressed.

Although the TCR must be a bit heavier with a DSG box? And the Mégane 4 wheel steer is quite weighty I assume?

I always hear that the i30N hides it weight so well as the chassis is so good

I back to backed the Trophy 300 and 280 RS cup with the N before I traded in my Golf R. I was heading for a Trophy but the Renault dealer was atrocious and a 3-6 month wait for even a solid white car didn't help. If you wanted yellow or orange it was 6-9 months wait unless you wanted a full option car for near £37kas they had a couple available.

Decision time and the wife liked the i30N more than the Megane.

I didn't find the Trophy too firm but the wife was less keen especially as we'd had a Cup Chassis Megane RS 3 years ago. The RS are very track focussed and it's a shame the UK with it's rough roads can't have the normal suspension with the rest of the Trophy bits, brakes and LSD. I'm very happy with my N and no buyers remorse at all and it's great to hit the N button and have it pop and bang when you feel like it.

I think the Trophy will be back on the radar again at change time as I just have a thing for those RS Meganes.