• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

ICE Media system rebooting

Has your media system rebooted whilst driving?

• Total voters
Twice since April, however, only while using Satnav.
I have my phone charging, Bluetoothed, and Ipod plugged in every day and it's never happened. Only on Satnav.

@_Emma I've had it happen a couple of times in a row too, sometimes doesn't sort its self out so I have to unplug and plug my phone back in again. Usually happens to me halfway through singing my heart out to my favourite song:mad::mad:
Exactly the same here :mad:

We ask our users to restart their computers at least once a week so I guess a media system rebooting once a month is not too bad. I am making excuses now. Should not really reboot by itself ever in my view.

Do you work for Hyundai?
Just out of interest how do you to a reboot, or do you mean like setting it back to factory default settings.

So when we say "Reboot" does it stop working properly and then come back "on-line" so to speak within a few minutes or perhaps You need to switch The car off and on, or has anyone needed to see a Dealer over this? I suspect Its the world of computers I'm afraid, My previous SEAT cupra played up a bit in this regard, occasionally when cold I couldn't change the suspension settings, apart from the annoyance factor did Your gearbox feel ok, clutch, steering, powertrain etc? THEN ENJOY THE OILY BITS! I'd like a smaller nose and a bigger dick! but we can't always have everything! Do let Me know as I'm yet to pick mine up!

Mine just reboots itself. Can go off for up to a few minutes and has only done it when I’m using the sat nav from what I can remember. I’ve never needed to restart. It does have a tendency to ‘hang’ on the confirmation screen that comes up when you start the car, I can’t press anything for a few minutes until sorts itself out. It’s played up with the connection to my iPhone, but today it’s working fine. I don’t think there’s anything that can be done except maybe a software fix. Mine is really sporadic, it’s only happened maybe once a month?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron_N
Mine has only happened when I'm connected to Android Auto (pretty much 100% of the time when I'm driving).
The screen goes blank and the system restarts and after the confirmation screen, just picks up where it left off as if nothing happened.
Edit: connected via USB

Last edited:
Mine has only happened when I'm connected to Android Auto (pretty much 100% of the time when I'm driving).
The screen goes blank and the system restarts and after the confirmation screen, just picks up where it left off as if nothing happened.
OK, so have our iPhone users noticed the same or is this isolated to Android? Alternately is it occurring only when a phone of some description is connected ? Something must be triggering the reboot.

Reactions: Aaron_N
I only have a USB Stick with music connected. No wired phone connection at all. Phone has been connected via BT and WLAN.

Which screen has your system shown before it rebooted?
For me it was the Homescreen (navigation in left side and music in the right).

I'm (still) a Windows phone user & I only connect via Bluetooth - so my reboots happened without anything connected. Both times were in the first month and nothing since. My wife is the DJane with her iPhone connected via USB and nothing has happened with it.
A Windows Phone user.....( I will bite my tongue and say nothing) Nothing with iPhone via USB. OK. Maybe a few more responses and we may see a pattern evolve. Or not. Thanks for your info. :cool:

Reactions: BadShadd
Windows phone - email, web browsing (forums), calendar, texting, phone calls, WhatsApp - what more do I need if I don't have any apps to use? I did say 'still' - I've been during the iPhone 8 Plus (in red of course) or X.

Reactions: Stash-N
Just done it again yesterday on the way to Gatwick just as I was about to approach a roundabout I’ve never been on. Not good when I really needed the satnav at that point. Thankfully it wasn’t busy.