• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Manufacture date

Severnmob

Nthusiast
May 13, 2018
Australia
I'm used to seeing a metal plate which has the build date, usually on the firewall. I can't find one on my N. I can only find a compliance sticker on the left side front door pillar.

How does one determine the manufacture date?

That's the original question answered but like many things it raises more questions e.g. why does the UK have weights rather than build date, are the labels country specific, etc........?

Old thread.

But did anyone every come up with a way to tell what the build date on a UK spec I30 N was?

I entered my VIN into here and it gave me a positive result!

Vin Decoder

Thanks for that. But it doesn't seem to give the manufacturing date (IE. year/month). Other than the "model year" is 2020 (position 10 in the VIN = L = 2020).

First car that I've had that doesn't show this stamped on the car somewhere.

Not that worried, just be nice to know how long it's been sat in a field somewhere :)

Thanks for that. But it doesn't seem to give the manufacturing date (IE. year/month). Other than the "model year" is 2020 (position 10 in the VIN = L = 2020).

First car that I've had that doesn't show this stamped on the car somewhere.

Not that worried, just be nice to know how long it's been sat in a field somewhere :)

Oh, it gave me exact date for my vin?!