• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis Mando Module to tune Veloster N Suspension Computer

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
Carl gave me a similar reply this morning....
Hi Ty
First of all, Thanks to contact to me.

unfortunately i cant ship to US.
The manutacturer didnt accept selling by any shipping even though in korea.

But, if your relatives who live in korea come to our store, he/she can purchase ECS10.

The cost is 450,000KRW.
Im gonna share our store address and my contact.

address: 77, Enguea-ro, Siheung-si, gyunggi-do, Rep. Korea.

phone: 82-10-6777-9308

Best regards
Carl

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
Any Korean forum member want to purchase one of these locally and mail it to me in the USA? I’d pay a nice fee for your efforts.
Message RPM. From what I’ve seen he’s been extremely helpful with getting members parts that are unique to the Korean markets.

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
Thanks! We have been in contact with Brecks Garage and Sanbon Style.

So far they have mentioned that sending large quantities may be difficult due to North American standards on electronic products. Again, still waiting to hear firm details and I don't want to set any expectations prematurely.

With regards to how the module enables adjustment, it looks to me that the Ride and Handling tabs enable adjustment of damping for high speed bumps (Ride) and low speed bumps (Handling) separately. I believe that fundamentally, comfort is more a function of damping ratio for high speed bumps, and handling is more a function of damping ratio for low speed bumps, regardless of compression or rebound direction. Like you said, the shock only moves one way at a time. If the valve can react quickly enough, you only need one valve to achieve the target damping in both compression and rebound cases.
I did a little more reading and found out a bit more on how the tuner handles ride and handling settings.

The Ride settings are utilized while the vehicle is traveling in a straight line.
The Handling setting adjusts the vehicles damping when there is a cornering/steering input present.

Quite nice.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

RameusJH

Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Seems reasonable, thanks for following up. Are you ok to share the source? Sounds like it could have more juicy info?

With regards to Brecks, we got the same response as everyone else. With regards to Sanbon, still waiting to hear but not expecting anything better.

Brecks was keen to point out they're hoping to open an ebay and/or amazon store soon...may be a decent source for Korean parts if they ever do it.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
I've been looking at the app. It has three preset modes; Comfort, Sport & Sport + along with three seperate custom modes. Can't do anymore as it's not connected.;)

You can change front to rear shock bias, ride/handling % from front to rear and back, ride/handling hardness %, speed of dampening and more.:)

Can't see the comfort, sport and sport+ setting yet, until it initialized. As far as I can see, it doesn't let you adjust each shock independently and probably for good reason.:eek:

As I understand from reading; the OEM ECU only controls about 60% of handling characteristics/control available. The Mando unlocks 100%.:D

Last edited:

Thakid22

Aug 21, 2019
Little Rock, Arkansas
I got and installed mine from RPMTRADE.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electronic...ndo-ECS10-For-Hyundai-Veloster-N/183937808917

I ordered on Saturday night and it arrived on Wednesday. Super fast shipping.
My car is a 2019 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD.

Here’s what I wrote about the tuner on the Stinger forum...
I’ve got this Tuner installed now and a few observations...

The is easy to install.
You must take off the steering column cover (3 screws).
Take off the lower knee panel cover (2 screws).
Also remove the dashboard side cover, visible when the door is open (just clips).

The tuner does save settings after the car is turned off and restarted.
Your Factory ECS is fully functional at all times, even when you set Comfort or Sport mode in the app, you still have two levels of that mode that are selectable with your regular drive mode switch by the shifter.
So you can have Comfort (App) + Comfort (Car) or Comfort (App) + Sport (Car). Or the opposite...
Sport (App) + Comfort (Car) or Sport (App) + Sport (Car). Very nice.

How does it ride and handle?
Right out of the box, it is superior to the factory/stock ECS tuning.
Both Comfort and Sport eliminate the elastic, long legged, vertical body motions the Stock GT2 RWD suffers from.
Body control is tight, taut, and controlled. Only on rough roads/bumpy do you experience a bit of oscillation of the front suspension. Still, it is markedly improved from the stock calibration.

I am toying around with the custom mode of the app.
Originally, from reading Korean reviews for the tuner, I reported that the Ride and Handling section in the Advanced tab of the App allowed you to set straight line (ride) settings and cornering (Handling) settings independently. Perhaps in translating from Korean to English, I misunderstood how this works or maybe the reviewers were in err.

After a bit of experimenting with the settings, it seems to me that the “Ride” setting controls shock Compression.
The “Handling” setting in the App controls rebound of the shocks.
That info helps greatly when you are trying to customize your own settings.

I will reiterate that both Comfort and Sport modes ride pleasantly firm.
If you are disinterested in a firm ride, you can always go to Custom mode and set all sliders to 0% (or soft).
The ride will be smoother, quieter and more well controlled (less bouncy) than stock, but you will have increased brake dive, squat, and roll with everything set like this (full soft/0%).

Also, there is no sign of twitch/skip at the rear end while cornering on bumpy surfaces.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
An update;

The booklet that comes with the unit is not installation instructions. It is for app use.

However, I've got some photos of the stinger installation that were sent by the distributor. I've asked him, if he is able provide photos for the Veloster N and I'm waiting now.

I'll post either, once I have a confirmation. As I can see, It's an easy installation, simply plug and play. I'll provide a step by step guide once everything is available to me. I attempt, to get them as precise as possible and in order of installation step by step.

I'll attempt to do a photo booklet if I'm able.
IMG_1289.jpegIMG_1293.jpegIMG_1294.jpegIMG_1295.jpeg

Reactions: RameusJH

RameusJH

Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
I got mine in today too. From the looks of it, the yellow/black harness will tap into a connector behind the lower steering wheel shroud. For the power, as per the stinger forums, we should be able to tap into 12V in the interior fuse box. Should be easy enough with a fuse tap on a benign accessory. Can't wait.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Ok here are the photos I was given. I'll post these now and later give you my own photos of the install, along with a installation tutorial as well. The following photos are for the VN. I will also post photos for the Stinger, which are applicable.KakaoTalk_20190820_160409789.jpg
KakaoTalk_20190816_193927183.jpgKakaoTalk_20190819_202206980.jpgKakaoTalk_20190816_193930511.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggei82