• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Made some improvement to my 2020 Veloster N

Dimi_dboe

Dec 10, 2019
Florida
Hello everyone I am very new to this car stuff but I have been doing some homework and reading more about it and this forum has a plethora of information!!

so first of all I got myself a Takeda Air intake with a forge turbo inlet adapter and a Velossa Tech ram air big mouth.

to top it all off I took on the challenge of installing the APR front splitter... This actually took me all day todo I just finished.

Iā€™d like to first like to thank @Ghost for providing the forum with a guide on joining the Takeda intake with the Forge Turbo inlet adapter.

Anyway here are some pictures.
My car is super dirty but none the less I love it the look.

dy5OwlB.jpg

3SmjxVf.jpg

jMTnPCN.jpg

2dEQO9E.jpg
wbzMdsi.jpg

MhtyWr9.jpg

hP0x2Eo.jpg

vog7EhD.jpg
Thank you to everyone that answered my questions!

Attachments

• 57210E4E-2521-414A-A545-CF799611E841.jpeg
    57210E4E-2521-414A-A545-CF799611E841.jpeg
    470.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 1C70769C-47F8-4C68-9A0F-D7CAF03D8255.jpeg
    1C70769C-47F8-4C68-9A0F-D7CAF03D8255.jpeg
    470.2 KB · Views: 6
Wow! You did a GREAT job! Very impressed for someone who usually doesn't work on cars. Excellent work! Love the splitter btw.... Oh, and thank you for the kind words. :) Love the color of the car...

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Dimi_dboe
The reason my forum name is 'Ghost" is because I have a white VN too. lol... It seemed fitting since one minute you see it; the next minute you don't. ;) lol.... Must have been a "Ghost!" Ha, ha....

Br,

-Mike

Looks great and you've given yourself something that will stay with you always.....................confidence! :)

Taking your time, is one of the keys to making sure it's done correctly. There's no reason to rush thru an install, ever. Doing so gives you the time to double and triple check measurements before you have to cut or drill.

Saves money in the long run as well.:)

Reactions: Dimi_dboe and Ghost
For performance get the Tekada one in the first post. If sound is what your after then get a Forge unit. Both flow very well but the Tekada one will get in more cold air as the Forge one doesn't have any heat shield. I prefer a closed in box but some people don't like it and like the open filter element but that brings in more hot air than cold. Hope this helps you decide at least a little bit?

Best regards,

-Mike

Wow! You did a GREAT job! Very impressed for someone who usually doesn't work on cars. Excellent work! Love the splitter btw.... Oh, and thank you for the kind words. :) Love the color of the car...

Best regards,

-Mike
Thank You! I truly couldn't have done it without my dad. I am out of my element working on cars. After doing this little project together I feel a lot more confident.

Aw, plus it's nice to spend time with Dad. I miss mine.... šŸ˜„

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the day and go enjoy your new mods! :)

Br,

-Mike

Reactions: GazmaN
Looks great and you've given yourself something that will stay with you always.....................confidence! :)

Taking your time, is one of the keys to making sure it's done correctly. There's no reason to rush thru an install, ever. Doing so gives you the time to double and triple check measurements before you have to cut or drill.

Saves money in the long run as well.:)

This is exactly what I think I gained from this whole experience being, a computer engineer I never would of thought I would work on cars not even as a hobby. However, if I have to be honest, surfing around the forum here made me feel good about taking the endeavor. I kind of feel like a chump now for buying that maintenance package right about now.

Reactions: Ghost
Also I have thought of new improvement for the front wind splitter and I will be making a guide soon since there is literally no guides online. This forum can have the first one that is readily available :)

Reactions: Ghost
Dimi,

If you can think mechanically for computers you can think mechanically for cars. I bet you can build your own computer, right? Why should a car be so different thinking wise? It's just a bigger canvas... That's all. If you have a mechanical mind then you can most definitely work on a car. You are a smart man, don't sell yourself short. God gave each of us certain gifts; it's up to each person to find out what they are. You sir, are on the right track. Keep it up! :)

Best regards,

-Mike

Reactions: Dimi_dboe