• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Looking to fit an Veloster/i30 N exhaust manifold on my EGT N-Line

N-thusiast18

Oct 30, 2019
Canada
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a long post here...

I'm looking to get some power into my EGT N-Line, I'm looking to get it up to 275hp/260tq so it's less "N-like", and more "like an N". I have a DCT Ultimate and so far I've found out that the DCT can handle around 270-280wtq before it starts to slip all the time, and that my stock turbo will only support up to 240whp.

So, here's where it gets complicated. I'm trying to see if the Velo/i30 N exhaust manifold will fit on my 1.6t so that way I can get a turbo that fits that manifold, i.e, a stock Velo N turbo, then get an aftermarket downpipe and a cat-back exhaust system for it. I understand that I'll probably need new a new intercooler, fuel pump, fuel injectors, as well as a plethora of other things, and I'll definitely need a tune to remap the ECU to even do anything with these new parts. But my main concern right now is if that exhaust manifold will work, because if it doesn't the rest falls apart.

Also, if it will work, I need to get my hands on one somehow. It would most likely have to be a Velo N exhaust manifold because I'm in North America.

Thanks for the help and any advice!

Mikemr305

Dec 24, 2019
Miami
Well if it works, when you buy a veloster n turbo it comes as the whole unit including the exhaust manifold i believeScreenshot_20200623-213334_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

Reactions: Bu11eT

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
A manifold and turbo from a VN, will not fit a 1.6T Gamma II engine. It will not crossover as the manifold dimension, manifold port positions and manifold port lengths are larger. You're wasting your money and time. :)

On any Hyundai equipped with a turbocharger, the turbo manifold and turbocharger are one unit. You need to be dealing with performance manufacturers, who sell 1.6T Gamma II performance parts only. Your options are limited to them alone.

There're plenty of performance part manufacturers, who deal with the 1.6T Gamma II engine; larger turbos, tunes downpipes etc. Best suggestion is to stick to the Elantra GT forums and Veloster Forums for reference. This is where you will find the information you're looking for.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

N-thusiast18

Oct 30, 2019
Canada
A manifold and turbo from a VN, will not fit a 1.6T Gamma II engine. It will not crossover as the manifold dimension, manifold port positions and manifold port lengths are larger. You're wasting your money and time. :)

On any Hyundai equipped with a turbocharger, the turbo manifold and turbocharger are one unit. You need to be dealing with performance manufacturers, who sell 1.6T Gamma II performance parts only. Your options are limited to them alone.

There're plenty of performance part manufacturers, who deal with the 1.6T Gamma II engine; larger turbos, tunes downpipes etc. Best suggestion is to stick to the Elantra GT forums and Veloster Forums for reference. This is where you will find the information you're looking for.:)
Yes, I've figured this out. Unfortunately I haven't really been able to find anyone how does things specifically for the 1.6T other than SXTH, if you happen to know any and can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
I do but I don't personally recommend one of them. Try, KDM Tuners, Tork Motorsports (Caveat Emptor), Pierce Motorsports, Shark Racing, 845 Motorsports (Caveat Emptor), SC GarageWorks, Pro Import Tuners, SXTH Element,
BTR (Blood Type Racing), KDMHolic, aFe Takeda, etc.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO