• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Looking on buying used n30 it's a category s

Pricey666

Nov 8, 2021
Liverpool
The car has 20k miles and was damaged and repaired it looks on good condition for what the damage was and is 17k
I'm just a bit nervous as ive never baught a car that is a category s and obviously repaired
I'm trying to find out if the cars still in warranty with Hyundai waiting on the service history of the garage selling it

That's the salvage report when it was damaged and just would like other people's opinions on it if it's to risky really thanks in advance for any help provide

Attachments

GazmaN

Staff member
Nthusiast
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
You are right to be nervous. The link you provided doesn't work, but regardless - just don't do it man, it ain't worth it. There are better undamaged cars out there (even if it's not an N) if that's your budget. Nobody here will tell you otherwise.

Reactions: _Emma

Pricey666

Nov 8, 2021
Liverpool
You are right to be nervous. The link you provided doesn't work, but regardless - just don't do it man, it ain't worth it. There are better undamaged cars out there (even if it's not an N) if that's your budget. Nobody here will tell you otherwise.

Attachments

GazmaN

Staff member
Nthusiast
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
out of that
Thanks for the pics. Upgraded intercooler means someone wanted to drive it hard. And it was driven hard into...something - maybe a cow paddock at speed given the vegetation mods? Look at the damage to the crash bar; she's had a fair shunt. Sorry man but I stand by my original comment and "nope" right out of that one.

Pricey666

Nov 8, 2021
Liverpool
Thanks for the pics. Upgraded intercooler means someone wanted to drive it hard. And it was driven hard into...something - maybe a cow paddock at speed given the vegetation mods? Look at the damage to the crash bar; she's had a fair shunt. Sorry man but I stand by my original comment and "nope" right out of that one.
Nice one mate I've been test driven the car feels fine but was obviously skeptical
Appreciate you taking ya time to reply
I'm going to have a little look around and obviously try other stuff

Reactions: GazmaN

nicosp

Nthusiast
Dec 16, 2020
Cyprus
The car had two owners and at least one of them did some work on it.
There's a online listing for it giving out some information : https://www.motors.co.uk/car-61101509/?i=16&m=sp

I believe you should do an assessment of what kind of owner you are and what kind of car you are looking to get.
Do you want something sporty but as it was meant to be by the manufacturer or you want something as a start point to fiddle with and tune ?
The specific car , in my opinion, should be considered only if it's the latter and that , assuming the work already done to it suits your needs, taking also into account the (major) repairs done.

Reactions: Pricey666

Pricey666

Nov 8, 2021
Liverpool
The car had two owners and at least one of them did some work on it.
There's a online listing for it giving out some information : https://www.motors.co.uk/car-61101509/?i=16&m=sp

I believe you should do an assessment of what kind of owner you are and what kind of car you are looking to get.
Do you want something sporty but as it was meant to be by the manufacturer or you want something as a start point to fiddle with and tune ?
The specific car , in my opinion, should be considered only if it's the latter and that , assuming the work already done to it suits your needs, taking also into account the (major) repairs done.
Would love to have one of these cars been thinking about it for a while the surge in price for second hand cars has made it just a bit of a problem buying a second hand car now
I aspect of what I wanted was to buy and keep for at least 8 years if I baught the vehicle I would happily spend money upgrading it and spending money on it to look after it
It's just I don't want to buy and end up repairing it because it's not been repaired properly
Drove fine in eco n mode the garage is still not sent me the service history over if it's been kept up to date it will still be in warranty the Hyundai dealership told me this morning so just a few things I need to weigh up really I would end up paying for warranty anyway of it's not covered and I would come on here for any advice been on here the past week just reading odd post's and feel everyone is very knowledgeable about many aspects of the car

R Veloster N

Nthusiast
Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Personally, you don’t buy someone else’s problem. Just because it was repaired doesn’t mean it was done correctly. Obviously the previous owner didn’t think so and dumped it. Risky, is an understatement and this is one I’d just walk away from.👍🇺🇸

Kev_G

Nthusiast
Mar 27, 2019
Chester
I read the advert after your post and laughed.

You have no Hyundai Warranty especially on the engine which is where the damage was (well front end but still) due to the map so I would walk away straight away.

Reactions: Pricey666