• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Bu11eT

Staff member
Nthusiast
Jun 30, 2018
Germany · Schleswig-Holstein
Did anyone try to log the engine oil temperature via an OBD2 Bluetooth dongle?

I am using the Torque Pro app, but the app tells me that no sensor data is being retrieved.
Are there other apps out there who can log this?

Thanks guys!

Did anyone try to log the engine oil temperature via an OBD2 Bluetooth dongle?

I am using the Torque Pro app, but the app tells me that no sensor data is being retrieved.
Are there other apps out there who can log this?

Thanks guys!
Yes, there are data logger that do read log oil temps in real time. The two new aero force OBDII gauges I ordered will read it will read it. And the datalogger I've got does as well. :)

Reactions: Bu11eT
Yes, there are data logger that do read log oil temps in real time. The two new aero force OBDII gauges I ordered will read it will read it. And the datalogger I've got does as well. :)
Cmon bro stop teasing me, if you've got links to the gauges and to the data logger you are using, that would be super helpful! :p

Guys, I won’t lie - our teammate was the source of information, he still sells downpipes and snorkels here on the forum :)
It looked like the wiring diagrams and the machine as a whole and did not find a physical oil temperature sensor anywhere ...
Thanks for the answer! It makes sense that the value is calculated, if the wiring diagram doesn't show any sensors for it!

Guys, I won’t lie - our teammate was the source of information, he still sells downpipes and snorkels here on the forum :)
It looked like the wiring diagrams and the machine as a whole and did not find a physical oil temperature sensor anywhere ...
He has to look better I'm afraid.

Reactions: GazmaN
It is believed that the oil temperature sensor is not installed on our machines, but what is shown on the dashboard is only the calculated temperature
That is false, if it has a sensor.The reason why some software does not show it, is because the memory location of the sensor is not identified, but the sensor exists and if the temperature can be monitored.

Attachments

• sen.PNG
    sen.PNG
    267.2 KB · Views: 69
  • sensor.PNG
    sensor.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 67
That is false, if it has a sensor.The reason why some software does not show it, is because the memory location of the sensor is not identified, but the sensor exists and if the temperature can be monitored.

does anyone know the PID of the oil temp sensor? In the torque pro app, you can let it monitor on a set PID value.

I have an OBDLink MX+

Gave the steps in the YouTube video a try. Without success.
The PID he is using does not match to a valid sensor in the i30N. When testing the code I only get a "No response" info message but no data.

Even tried the Torque scan plugin to scan for valid PIDs but even that did not return anything useful.

The hex values mentioned in the Wikipedia article are actually the ones used in the YouTube video (5C92 for engine Oil Temp). But as mentioned above, no success with those values :/

I'll keep looking for a one that does. There is a ton of PID's available and none seem to be alike. Most are different from unit to unit and car to car.

Eventually, we'll hit the right one.:)

We'll find it! I know we will. With this amount of information available, there's a correct permutation for your OBD2 data logger. It's just going to take a bit longer to find the right one.:)

Try this one;

Engine Oil Temperature (Degrees F)

TXD: 07E02103
RXF: 032500000000
RXD: 3008
MTH: 01B0014FFCA
NAM: EOT

Transmission Oil Temperature (Degrees F)

TXD: 07E021A0
RXF: 032500000000
RXD: 2008
MTH: 00090005FFD8
NAM: TFT

OBD2 Mode and PID (in hex - eg: '01 0D' for speed) or empty if '[internal_pid]' is used in the equation: 07E02103 ? (this gives me an error: 'PID is too long - can be 3 bytes (6 hex characters only) The Generic PID for Engine Oil Temp is: 01 5C

Long name: Engine Oil Temperature

Short Name: EOT

Minimum Value: 0

Maximum Value: 200

Scale Factor: x1

Unit type: (degree symbol) F

Equation (eg: A * B + 20 or [0d]+10+A or even just [0d]: ? ((A*256)+B)*100*(9/5)-4001

OBD Header to use (Leave blank, 'Auto' or HEX header) ? Leave blank.

There's also a Hyundai add on for Torque Pro called ; Hyundai Adv

Torque Pro Forum;

Last edited: