• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Try this one;

Engine Oil Temperature (Degrees F)

TXD: 07E02103
RXF: 032500000000
RXD: 3008
MTH: 01B0014FFCA
NAM: EOT

Transmission Oil Temperature (Degrees F)

TXD: 07E021A0
RXF: 032500000000
RXD: 2008
MTH: 00090005FFD8
NAM: TFT

OBD2 Mode and PID (in hex - eg: '01 0D' for speed) or empty if '[internal_pid]' is used in the equation: 07E02103 ? (this gives me an error: 'PID is too long - can be 3 bytes (6 hex characters only) The Generic PID for Engine Oil Temp is: 01 5C

Long name: Engine Oil Temperature

Short Name: EOT

Minimum Value: 0

Maximum Value: 200

Scale Factor: x1

Unit type: (degree symbol) F

Equation (eg: A * B + 20 or [0d]+10+A or even just [0d]: ? ((A*256)+B)*100*(9/5)-4001

OBD Header to use (Leave blank, 'Auto' or HEX header) ? Leave blank.

Gave these ones a try. No success. Always getting the "No Response" Message.

There's also a Hyundai add on for Torque Pro called ; Hyundai Adv

Torque Pro Forum;
Forums — » Torque OBD ECU Scanner » Torque Discussion / IdeasTorque

I will not try the Hyundai Plugins. These seem to be a waste of money as they are out of date and lack proper support for the modern vehicles. Seems both plugins have been abandoned since 2015 :/
Will take a look at the Torque forum, maybe someone came up with something...

Reactions: R Veloster N
There's also a Hyundai add on for Torque Pro called ; Hyundai Adv

Torque Pro Forum;

I have tried both plugins. Waste of money

Nope, also still looking for it. Found out you can read the Temps via the gds tool, but a normal obd reader is still missing the pid value and I haven't found that one yet

I said it in post number 10, but in this forum I don't know why many people seem to ignore some people if we don't have certain posts.

If there is a sensor and the temperature can be read by OBD, the original Hyundai GDS software reads it perfectly, it is not a calculated value, it is real.

Third-party software does not read that value because the memory addresses of the PIDs are different from the standard ones, which is very common in Kia-Hyundai, you have to spend hours and look for the correct addresses.

I said it in post number 10, but in this forum I don't know why many people seem to ignore some people if we don't have certain posts.

how do you come to the conclusion that we ignore your post? If you read the posts above you will see that we are still looking for the PID value. No one said the temps are not logged anywhere. It's just plug and play to log the temps via the GDS, just not via an generic OBD scanner.

Reactions: digitalpeer
how do you come to the conclusion that we ignore your post? If you read the posts above you will see that we are still looking for the PID value. No one said the temps are not logged anywhere. It's just plug and play to log the temps via the GDS, just not via an generic OBD scanner.
its kinda weird hyundai doesnt just release that info, we are looking for it to protect our engines.

if you also read. It was said that there was no sensor and that the value was calculated. Sensor shown in post 10. This post is an example. In the case of the Gpf, the same happened. People said that there was no way to remove the error, I said how the sensor worked and it was ignored, because look where I have removed the gpf with sensors and without error and without remap. I was very disappointed with this forum, I never entered. enter because I notice the publication. Since the forum also contributes little. All the best

mate im digging up a post from years ago, im just asking if anyones found a solution yet.. thats all. that conversation is long over.
^
This. We are on another subject already ;)

its kinda weird hyundai doesnt just release that info, we are looking for it to protect our engines.
Tbh I think they just don't care. Sooner or later someone should find the correct PID value. In the end it is logged already via OBD, just not via the correct PID.

Doesn’t matter, most data-loggers require the PID.

If the right PUD is not entered along with its value, it can’t be read via the data-logger thru the OBD II.

I can read it with my Aero Force gauges and on the VN head unit display.

Reactions: Bu11eT
Reactions: Marcuswayne

Got this one. Does what it's supposed to.
When its plugged in, can u close the "door" infront of the obd connector?