• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Little lies

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
Picked up the car and can't spot any difference at all. Just as if it was from factory :)
That's great! Enjoy having it back :)

Mine's just been finished and going to pick her up this evening, hopefully they'll have done as good as job!

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
That's great! Enjoy having it back :)

Mine's just been finished and going to pick her up this evening, hopefully they'll have done as good as job!
Just 1 day with courtesy car and I felt again how big of a difference it is. Especially that cold start ;)

Report back once you've had a chance to take a look!

Reactions: _Emma

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
@icelink Got to parents and seen the car, pitch black and rain but looks good. Poor blokes laughed at how bad the colour matching on the bumpers (mine is diabolical!!) was and they panicked about it supposedly, looks like they’ve blended it as well as they can. No more scratched headlights either!

Reactions: icelink

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
@icelink Got to parents and seen the car, pitch black and rain but looks good. Poor blokes laughed at how bad the colour matching on the bumpers (mine is diabolical!!) was and they panicked about it supposedly, looks like they’ve blended it as well as they can. No more scratched headlights either!
great! now back to enjoyment. hopefully no more $hit like that and nasty surprises ;)

Reactions: _Emma

IamRy

Jan 6, 2019
SW UK
When I was looking at he N originally there were a lot of Clean Slate demo cars and every one I saw had terrible colour matching on th bumpers, it looked several shades lighter like they'd sprayed a single coat on to white plastic.

Reactions: GazmaN

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
When I was looking at he N originally there were a lot of Clean Slate demo cars and every one I saw had terrible colour matching on th bumpers, it looked several shades lighter like they'd sprayed a single coat on to white plastic.
Yep, they're all bad I think. I couldn't get hold of one to look at before I bought it so just took a punt on the colour. Mine is a couple of shades darker than the body work. I've just learnt to ignore it. I have to say they've done a great job matching the bumper to the bodywork and to the bumper.

Reactions: GazmaN and IamRy

GazmaN

Staff member
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
@_Emma @IamRy - happy to hear some negative comment about Clean Slate. For almost a year now I've been kicking myself for not grabbing one when I could have. This is helping me get over my 'buyer's remorse', so thankyou :D

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
@GazmaN I mean it's not really a negative, you get colour gradient paint for the same price as the other colours :p

Reactions: GazmaN

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
so, have an update with regards to insurance renewal. I've got a non fault accident now on record and my insurer came up with 300 per year more than last year. I shopped around and got the price down to about 50 quid more than what I paid last year but main point was that the excess was down to 180 quid from more than 700 (yes, i've had it that big). somehow, by stroke of magic luck, by some i30n magic when I was paying for new insurance, the website went nuts. I tried to purchase several times and thought that was it, as it didn't work. then out of the blue, my price refreshed and became cheaper than last year, same terms, same everything and I managed to make a payment. now submitted and got approved with proof of NCD and it seems like it's smooth sailing from here (knock on the wood).

truly happy though that given the above and also a windscreen replacement I managed to get way better terms and still cheaper than last year. albeit only by 20 quid :D

Reactions: Monty