• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Little lies

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
Was returning home recently when a bloke pulled out from a side road with clear give way signs. He was one of the type that pulls out and doesn't accelerate. High beam on and lo and behold, he breaks to a complete halt in front of me. I was on my breaks before he stopped and had he not stopped completely, the worst thing that was going to happen is my little one learning a few more words that evening. I hit him with minimum damage but my front bumper needs replacing as a couple of plastic bits got cracked. Went through insurance where the third party decided to claim he was stationary when I hit him. With all going on and quite a lot of work, I was a bit slow in reviewing my dashcam. Also wanted the other guy to give insurance a bit more details. Just a tiny bit more as to how stationary he was in that road and how his car magically appeared in there. Sent the video in later on and 100% liability to third party.

Now, here are my two questions:
-will anything happen to his policy since he lied and the insurer has evidence proving that? not that I am particularly interested in any sort of revenge but curious what tends to happen in cases like these.
-any advise on whether I should stick with approved repairer or go off to my dealer's garage? car is driveable but with work being busy it will be a massive pain to arrange for repairs

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Go to the dealer garage repair service. You have rescorse, if it's not repair to your liking. With and approved repairer, you're at their mercy.

He'll most likely get a very large increase in annual premium. They can and may very well cancel his insurance altogether which is the more likely scenario. They won't make it pleasant for him, I can almost guarantee this.

Last edited:

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
Go to the dealer garage repair service. You have rescorse, if it's not repair to your liking. With and approved repairer, you're at their mercy.

He'll most likely get a very large increase in annual premium. They can and may very well cancel his insurance altogether which is the more likely scenario. They won't make it pleasant for him, I can almost guarantee this.
really would love to listen to the conversation between him and the insurer after seeing the video

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
@icelink how much is your excess to choose your own repair place? Or will his insurance cover it? Someone belted my car last week and I’ve just done my own thing, not worth the aggro of dealing with an approved repairer for the damage in my case.

They may cancel his insurance but I doubt it, could refuse to reinsure (I think you have to declare if you’re declined insurance) but his premium will go up if nothing else.

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
really would love to listen to the conversation between him and the insurer after seeing the video
Well considering the circumstances, he'll either be ashamed of himself or belligerent with them.

Honestly, the way insurers work, I doubt there will be a conversation. It will more likely come in the form of, a letter of cancellation or as stated by @Emma, a refusal to reinsure. It's his own responsibility and misfortune.

Last edited:
Reactions: icelink

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
@icelink how much is your excess to choose your own repair place? Or will his insurance cover it? Someone belted my car last week and I’ve just done my own thing, not worth the aggro of dealing with an approved repairer for the damage in my case.

They may cancel his insurance but I doubt it, could refuse to reinsure (I think you have to declare if you’re declined insurance) but his premium will go up if nothing else.
funny enough it's the same company. I will go to my dealers garage then and see how much of a hassle it's going to be. for now they(insurance) are saying that they will need to see the quote prior to approving it, etc. etc.

I just don't trust enough the approved garages i've been given. especially their reviews... :|

Well considering the circumstances, he'll either be ashamed of himself or belligerent with them.

Honestly, the way insurers work, I doubt there will be a conversation. It will more likely come in the form of, a letter of cancellation or as stated by @Emma, a refusal to reinsure. It's his own responsibility and misfortune.
the latter definitely wouldn't help his case

Reactions: GazmaN and _Emma

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
@icelink I’d definitely go to a place you know is good, it’s worth the peace of mind. It shouldn’t be too much of a hassle. Totally agree about the approved garages, too many stories of bad work and worse.

Reactions: GazmaN and icelink

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
thanks. is yours sorted now?
I’m not claiming after speaking to my insurance, so it’s booked in for a paint job and head light polish. It’ll cost me £400 but it’ll be done properly. The joys of people not being able to avoid hitting parked cars

Reactions: icelink and GazmaN

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
I’m not claiming after speaking to my insurance, so it’s booked in for a paint job and head light polish. It’ll cost me £400 but it’ll be done properly. The joys of people not being able to avoid hitting parked cars
Just the sort of conversation we've had a few months ago...

Reactions: _Emma

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
the latter definitely wouldn't help his case
The prior is just as bad or in some cases worse, when attempting to re-insure thru another company. His rates will skyrocket, as the reason will be documented in full by his original insurer. Once you have a this type of cancellation, which is directly related to insurance fraud, it follows you around for a long time.

He attempted to defraud his insurer in reality. Not good and can sometimes lead to a criminal charge.

Last edited:

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
@_Emma any progress with fixing yours?

I had to tough it out with going all the way up to MK and back down to drop her off. whatever was given to me around just didn't cut it in terms of reviews/looking trustworthy/etc. etc. Will probably be picking up this week if one last part arrives

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
@_Emma any progress with fixing yours?

I had to tough it out with going all the way up to MK and back down to drop her off. whatever was given to me around just didn't cut it in terms of reviews/looking trustworthy/etc. etc. Will probably be picking up this week if one last part arrives
Just dropped her off with my parents today, Dad dropping it off in the morning (spoilt much!). First question ‘where’s the sport button?’...if you see Umz being driven round this week in MK it’s my parents :|. Should all be done in two days.
Where in MK did you drop yours?

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
Just dropped her off with my parents today, Dad dropping it off in the morning (spoilt much!). First question ‘where’s the sport button?’...if you see Umz being driven round this week in MK it’s my parents :|. Should all be done in two days.
Where in MK did you drop yours?
went off to DF crash. did you go to them as well?

haha, I will report any sightings promtly on the day of picking up

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
went off to DF crash. did you go to them as well?

haha, I will report any sightings promtly on the day of picking up
Al Shaws for mine.
I told them people here will see them and I’ll know if they race her about!

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
Al Shaws for mine.
I told them people here will see them and I’ll know if they race her about!
good deterrant lol
yet, given the nature of repair, I can't see any reason why there would be more than 1 extra mile on odometer:oops:

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
good deterrant lol
yet, given the nature of repair, I can't see any reason why there would be more than 1 extra mile on odometer:oops:
Oh there won’t be any miles from the garage, just the parents!! If I go and pick her up later this week and she’s got a full tank of petrol and been cleaned, I know they’ve been in N mode!!

(Before anyone jumps on it, I’m joking, I don’t mind, they’re doing me a massive favour and they’re ace, so I hope they give Umz a good run and enjoy it)

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
Oh there won’t be any miles from the garage, just the parents!! If I go and pick her up later this week and she’s got a full tank of petrol and been cleaned, I know they’ve been in N mode!!

(Before anyone jumps on it, I’m joking, I don’t mind, they’re doing me a massive favour and they’re ace, so I hope they give Umz a good run and enjoy it)
I should have asked your parents as well then. mine went in in a really dirty state. I've been Naughty and not giving her enough attention :eek:

_Emma

Oct 29, 2018
UK
I should have asked your parents as well then. mine went in in a really dirty state. I've been Naughty and not giving her enough attention :eek:
They’d do it, just pop round :p My car isn’t too bad, but my Dad is too nice and will wash it, or get it valeted or something. He’s daft!!

icelink

Oct 21, 2018
uk
They’d do it, just pop round :p My car isn’t too bad, but my Dad is too nice and will wash it, or get it valeted or something. He’s daft!!
ahh, amazing. wish I had more time than having to rush back to work through packed up m1 and then m25