• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Limited Edition i30N Project C

Only facts:

1.) It is 50 kgs lighter (officially: 50.004 kgs lighter), sits 6 mm closer to the road, and features strong exterior and interior design.

2.) Power remains 275 PS and overboost-torque at 378 Nm as with the i30 N with Performance Package

3.) Lastly, the effective centre of gravity for Project C is lowered by 8.8 mm as compared to the 275-PS specification of i30 N. (because its 6mm closer to the road)

Okay, that thing looks pretty. But is it really worth it? Can't you simply use some springs & lightweight ( maybe18") wheels? They're talking about that car if it would be a gamechanger. I don't understand that..

Yeah, I don't get that its such a big deal, they basically had a camo test car to test some carbon parts, different wheels and lowered springs?

They could have spoken to half the people on here who have already done that and saved themselves a fortune...:)

Reactions: Rich
Am I the only one who see that the boost pressure on the website is listed with 2.3bar instead of the 1.2 we got in our N?

This is most likely a mistake. 2.3 bar is over 33 psi, but if you subtract atmospheric pressure (1 bar, or roughly 14.7 psi) you get 1.3 bar (just over 18 psi) on overboost.

Not impressed....looks like they've missed a good opportunity to improve the car .......

Not impressed....looks like they've missed a good opportunity to improve the car .......
I agree.. a big opportunity missed here, why not take it over 300ps? Especially for this insane amount there asking? Type R, Golf R, Focus RS, AMG A35, or even a second hand RS3.. would anyone here seriously take this N over any of these?

I agree.. a big opportunity missed here, why not take it over 300ps? Especially for this insane amount there asking? Type R, Golf R, Focus RS, AMG A35, or even a second hand RS3.. would anyone here seriously take this N over any of these?
Considering the chance they took with the I30N and how they nailed it, just seems like they played it safe?
If you're going to lose weight then go balls out, remove Insulation, use thinner glass, a lighter battery, make it a proper hard core version!

Considering the chance they took with the I30N and how they nailed it, just seems like they played it safe?
If you're going to lose weight then go balls out, remove Insulation, use thinner glass, a lighter battery, make it a proper hard core version!

Exterior: The carbon pieces makes the car look grey, boring and very unspectacular.
Not fan of the orange details either. Should have had a "Project C" badge on the hatch.

Interior: Hate the orange buttons on the wheel. Same with orange details.
Love the gear knob and seat belts (if not orange). Would love the bucket seats.

All in all not worth the extra money...

I thought that about the new focus st ...until l drove one ..a very fast car a lot quicker that my N in the mid range (there's a YouTube video comparing the two the st leaves it in a big way)very well equipped but a bit on the pricey side full spec with a sunroof 34k...but not keen on the looks so l know what you mean

More photos on the new rear alloy knuckles?

Could it be these are 4WD ready? :cool:
Far to complex with a manual transmission. No 4WD activation button anywhere on the dash or in Hyundai's normal position around the shifter. Very doubtful.:)

Another problem is; with a 4WD, you'll have extra drivetrain weight and friction to deal with. You won't get the same performance as a FWD, even with it being 50kg lighter.

Direct quote;
"Power from the turbocharged 2.0-litre inline-four is unchanged at 271bhp, but it now has 50kg less car to propel. The forged OZ wheels are the biggest single contributor to the crash diet, dropping the overall figure and also unsprung mass by 22kg. Although Pirelli Trofeo Rs are available on Hyundai’s N Option accessories list, the 19-inch wheels here are fitted with the same bespoke P Zeroes as the standard i30 N."

"A carbonfibre-reinforced plastic bonnet is responsible for a 7.2kg reduction, while the CFRP side skirts, front splitter and integrated rear diffuser account for a combined 1.5kg loss. A pair of Sabelt CFRP-backed seats help the N Option help the Project C lose a further 7.5kg."

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the-hyundai-i30-n-project-c-has-more-carbon-more-low/

Last edited:
I thought that about the new focus st ...until l drove one ..a very fast car a lot quicker that my N in the mid range (there's a YouTube video comparing the two the st leaves it in a big way)very well equipped but a bit on the pricey side full spec with a sunroof 34k...but not keen on the looks so l know what you mean

You mean this one just over 9 minutes in...:eek:

Last edited:
I've lost my interest in Ford all together, considering they've caved in the US, to the SUV & Truck fanatics. Ford's (Office Furniture Salesman), CEO is more interested in the pumping up shareholder profits, than producing and exciting line of sedans and hot hatches.

My guess is; it won't be long until he starts the same crap over in, Europe and other continents.

Prefer the look of the white 130N option though it looks like they have used some of the items on this one. I'm not keen on the dark grey which seems to be used on lots of cars at the moment.

I thought that about the new focus st ...until l drove one ..a very fast car a lot quicker that my N in the mid range (there's a YouTube video comparing the two the st

Not only faster than the N but it’s also faster than the Project C which is kind of embarrassing for Hyundai if you ask me, but I quite like the new ST, the only thing it’s lacking is a custom mode, apart from that it’s pretty good, love the Recaro seats in it, I’m waiting for the Focus RS:)

Reactions: JAYtheVET and Rich
Yes lam waiting to see what the rs is like .....the only thing about the new rs next year will be the price...l bet you will be looking at about 40k......