• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Limited Edition i30N Project C

R Veloster N

I know that Sabelt Seats are not all Carbon, only a few are. Most are FRP. Some, are overlaid with carbon sheets. I suspect the seats used in the i30N C are FRP, overlaid with carbon. Not actual carbon fiber.

Your talking minimum, for each carbon fiber seats is; $2750+. I seriously doubt, Hyundai put actual CF seats in this version.

Most of the FRP and Faux CF parts are outsourced by Hyundai and not made directly by them.

http://www.sabelt.com/en/business-unit/racing-motorsport-products/racing-seats
https://www.sabeltamerica.com/seats

Last edited:

TarmoT

“Hyundai says the Project C is 50kg lighter than the standard i30 N, thanks to a set of 19-inch forged aluminium alloy wheels and a host of carbon-fibre reinforced plastic components. The front splitter, rear diffuser, bonnet, side skirts and seats backs are all made from the material, saving a total of 23.5kg.”
So -50kg ??? It is not much. I managed to loose 130kg so far without any fancy CF parts. Another question is how it is possible to save weight by adding splitters, bigger side skirts and rear diffuser? Most of that 50kg weight loss comes from wheels, bonnet and bucket seats.

GazmaN

Value for money? Maybe not, but you're also paying extra for exclusivity on top of the weight savings and all the sexy eye candy stuff. It does look kinda special. I don't think the dealers that get them will find them hard to shift...hell, if they said they were going to send just five of them to Australia they would have people offering to pay more than max retail to secure one and all be sold before even being put on the boat.

N-Raged

Value for money? Maybe not, but you're also paying extra for exclusivity on top of the weight savings and all the sexy eye candy stuff. It does look kinda special. I don't think the dealers that get them will find them hard to shift...hell, if they said they were going to send just five of them to Australia they would have people offering to pay more than max retail to secure one and all be sold before even being put on the boat.
Yes it looks good don't get me wrong, and I get the exclusivity thing with it, but for me personally, if I were to blow this sort of money on a hot hatch I'd want a bit more under the bonnet, especially for the money there asking, they haven't touched the engine which is surprising, Id rather wait for the new Focus RS if I were spending this amount of money, it'll murder it in every way, and you'll probably still have change lol

GazmaN

Yes it looks good don't get me wrong, and I get the exclusivity thing with it, but for me personally, if I were to blow this sort of money on a hot hatch I'd want a bit more under the bonnet, especially for the money there asking, they haven't touched the engine which is surprising, Id rather wait for the new Focus RS if I were spending this amount of money, it'll murder it in every way, and you'll probably still have change lol
Point taken ;)

I personally would have paid more for a better paint job, sound system, tyres, rims and some decent bushings. Not sure if any of these items other than the rims have been changed so it would be a no from me. I also cannot believe its only 50kg weight saving with no performance upgrades.

I do hope some of these cosmetic parts find their way to Aus soon but at the rate 3rd party items are popping up, even these will be redundant shortly.

Lets be honest, it might not be what many people were hoping for but they will still sell like hot cakes! Just gutted they wont have a RHD option!

What will be interesting is the next step, will they wait a few years and bring out a new I30N but keep FWD, or will they bring out an AWD version as well?

And then you have the 'HALO' car they keep talking about in the next couple of years!

c4bl3

What will be interesting is the next step, will they wait a few years and bring out a new I30N but keep FWD, or will they bring out an AWD version as well?
There are a lot of interviews where Albert Biermann says AWD is no option because it's not neccessary with that amount of power.

There are a lot of interviews where Albert Biermann says AWD is no option because it's not neccessary with that amount of power.
I meant more keeping the current I30N FWD and then bringing out a competitor to the Golf R/M135I etc which would need to be AWD, I think the Tucson N is going to be AWD so maybe that could transfer across?

padigree

Staff member
Only facts:

1.) It is 50 kgs lighter (officially: 50.004 kgs lighter), sits 6 mm closer to the road, and features strong exterior and interior design.

2.) Power remains 275 PS and overboost-torque at 378 Nm as with the i30 N with Performance Package

3.) Lastly, the effective centre of gravity for Project C is lowered by 8.8 mm as compared to the 275-PS specification of i30 N. (because its 6mm closer to the road)

Okay, that thing looks pretty. But is it really worth it? Can't you simply use some springs & lightweight ( maybe18") wheels? They're talking about that car if it would be a gamechanger. I don't understand that..