• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Korean Veloster N review( English subtitles)

Good review.

I like the PB seatbelts, adds some colour to the interior. Are these standard in the Veloster N?

The Canadian VN comes with heated front seats and heated steering wheel. The seats are cloth though; no leather option.
It seems like Canadians always get heated wheels and seats. Even the Elantra Sport has a heated wheel up there. The cloth seats I’m disappointed about but the reviewers say they’re good and if they’re half as nice as the new 19 Santa Fe cloth seats I won’t be too upset

The sealed elsd did concern me a little at first, almost enough to go for the non performance version but time will tell. Im curious about the vcm module removal he mentioned early on.

I haven’t watched yet, but from what I saw recently, it indeed is a sealed mechanical differential which is controlled electronically via sensor feedback. Going by what Hyundai has used for fluids in the VT, confidence is low on the longevity; replacements will be common as they age.

Hopefully someone will come up with a non-sealed aftermarket replacement that can be serviced/maintained with quality fluids.

I haven’t watched yet, but from what I saw recently, it indeed is a sealed mechanical differential which is controlled electronically via sensor feedback. Going by what Hyundai has used for fluids in the VT, confidence is low on the longevity; replacements will be common as they age.

Hopefully someone will come up with a non-sealed aftermarket replacement that can be serviced/maintained with quality fluids.

Wow, I wasn't aware that the unit was sealed off from the rest of the trans/diff case and used separate fluid... Good for Hyundai who gets paid to replace them/for parts but as usual customers get the short end of the stick.