• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Wheels Konig Hypergrams

motogp34

Mar 31, 2019
Canada
"Proper offset" is relative to the width of the wheel. If you want something that will fit under the fenders with no additional modifications/work, you'll want to stick within 10 offset of stock (+45 for an 8", +50 for 8.5" and +55 for a 9").

If you plan to add negative camber which I would highly suggest doing regardless for improved handling, you can run a more aggressive, lower offset wheel.
If the wheel only comes in a +45 in a 8.5" will i need to get spacers to have it reach the edge wheel well ??

Cygnus X-1

Jul 25, 2018
US
No, read what he said. Use no less than +50mm (ET 50) offset with an 8.5” wide wheel or it will poke, unless you add negative camber.

Any spacer on a 8.5” wide wheel with an offset of +45mm (or less) will just add to the poke.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
Sorry for the delay in posting these but my life has been pretty hectic these past few weeks and I haven’t had a chance for a proper photo shoot but here’s an idea of what my Fitment looks like. Now with that being said does anyone have experience with camber bolts ? And will they give me enough camber to pull the front wheels a bit so the rubbing stops. Or am I out of luck till someone makes a adjustable top hat..I have purchased a fender roller and will be doing that as soon as I watch some videos and learn how to properly do it so I’m not cracking paint.

Attachments

Last edited:

Cygnus X-1

Jul 25, 2018
US
You never did confirm your final choices for both wheels and tires. Let’s see the numbers.

Please also attach pics as full images; much easier to zoom in without having to access the pic, then open in a new tab due to the wonky attachment interface.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
You never did confirm your final choices for both wheels and tires. Let’s see the numbers.

Please also attach pics as full images; much easier to zoom in without having to access the pic, then open in a new tab due to the wonky attachment interface.
You’re absolutely right I thought I did.. my mistake.
Wheels specs are Konig Hypergrams 18x8.5 35 offset. Tires are Continental extremecontact DWS06 245/40/18 And do you know anyway of posting the pics in full everytime I try to load a pic or cut it down with the photo app on iPhone it comes out distorted.

Bubba

Mar 16, 2019
Toronto
You’re absolutely right I thought I did.. my mistake.
Wheels specs are Konig Hypergrams 18x8.5 35 offset. Tires are Continental extremecontact DWS06 245/40/18 And do you know anyway of posting the pics in full everytime I try to load a pic or cut it down with the photo app on iPhone it comes out distorted.
Try emailing the picture to yourself in say Gmail, Gmail reduces the picture size, then upload that picture

Cygnus X-1

Jul 25, 2018
US
35 offset
There’s your issue; you should’ve gone with +45 as you originally intended:

I'm thinking of running a 18x8.5 et45
I know 1FS means well, but he leans towards aggressive settings where you must add negative camber.

As far as the pics go, I just use the “Full image” option after attaching a pic.

6889269E-1335-4D2C-A7F1-8610EEC329DD.jpeg

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018

I know 1FS means well, but he leans towards aggressive settings where you must add negative camber.

As far as the pics go, I just use the “Full image” option after attaching a pic.

View attachment 6913
I don’t mind negative camber, but the amount I’m needing to run to counteract the low offset is going to be a bit extreme. I appreciate all the feedback especially from stagea and love the meaty appearance But I’m not looking forward to wearing tires out every 10k miles. I guess I’m the martyr on this one guys lol. But I can tell you with the meaty tires and wider wheels this things handles like it’s on rails and wheelspin is minimal when launching. Only negative thing being the fenders cutting into the sidewall in the front.

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018

View attachment 6913
I also can’t even get that far with pictures, it tries to load them and then crosses them out and says file is too large to load

Cygnus X-1

Jul 25, 2018
US
I don’t mind negative camber, but the amount I’m needing to run to counteract the low offset is going to be a bit extreme. I appreciate all the feedback especially from stagea and love the meaty appearance But I’m not looking forward to wearing tires out every 10k miles. I guess I’m the martyr on this one guys lol. But I can tell you with the meaty tires and wider wheels this things handles like it’s on rails and wheelspin is minimal when launching. Only negative thing being the fenders cutting into the sidewall in the front.
The camber bolts mentioned in another thread yield just under -1° so they’re not going to help much.

Can always try to swap wheels with someone once more get aftermarket wheels...

bflfl

Jan 28, 2019
Florida
Just to add my experience, I went with a 8.5x18 +45 with a 245 tire, and I still get some rubbing on the sidewalls. Luckily, if I keep the suspension in sport mode, it seems to prevent the issue. A 235 tire with a +45 offset would probably just make it.E0F1FA5C-DE65-4694-AC48-E6C900547488.jpeg

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
The camber bolts mentioned in another thread yield just under -1° so they’re not going to help much.

Can always try to swap wheels with someone once more get aftermarket wheels...
I’m going to hang on to these cause I do like the look I just wish I didn’t have the rubbing. I’m going to roll the fenders and run these until they rub through or someone comes out with a adjustable top hat. And I figured the bolts wouldn’t give me what I was looking for. Thanks for the input

Reactions: Cygnus X-1

Cygnus X-1

Jul 25, 2018
US
If you feel along the underside of the fender, there’s a ridge that can probably be removed, but for you it’s probably not enough. I get just a touch of interference with my taller tire setup on hard impacts unless the suspension is in Sport+ mode.

Reactions: 1FastStagea

1FastStagea

Dec 9, 2018
Canada
Like I said in my posts before, my wheel setups aren't for the faint of heart or those looking to keep the rest of their car stock :)

I'm willing to go a bit further like rolling fenders and adding camber bolts to get the wheels I want to fit to do so without rubbing and get the best performance possible lol. Speaking of fenders, it seems Hyundai took a page from the Germans and made the rear fenders lip-less so no rolling is needed (only pulling if you're planning to go super aggressive). The fronts do have a lip though unfortunately, like @Cygnus X-1 mentioned, and would need to be rolled flat and/or pulled to fit more aggressive wheel setups.

Actually you can get about 2.1-2.3 degrees of negative front camber with bolts supposedly, @RPM8300 is running -1.8* front I believe, and his camber bolts aren't even maxed out from what I remember. Again, I will confirm this myself once my wheels come back from powdercoating o_O

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
Like I said in my posts before, my wheel setups aren't for the faint of heart or those looking to keep the rest of their car stock :)

I'm willing to go a bit further like rolling fenders and adding camber bolts to get the wheels I want to fit to do so without rubbing and get the best performance possible lol. Speaking of fenders, it seems Hyundai took a page from the Germans and made the rear fenders lip-less so no rolling is needed (only pulling if you're planning to go super aggressive). The fronts do have a lip though unfortunately, like @Cygnus X-1 mentioned, and would need to be rolled flat and/or pulled to fit more aggressive wheel setups.

Actually you can get about 2.1-2.3 degrees of negative front camber with bolts supposedly, @RPM8300 is running -1.8* front I believe, and his camber bolts aren't even maxed out from what I remember. Again, I will confirm this myself once my wheels come back from powdercoating o_O
Based on the pics I posted do you think if I run those camber bolts I’ll be good ? Or am I better off rolling the fenders and waiting till more suspension options become available ?

1FastStagea

Dec 9, 2018
Canada
Based on the pics I posted do you think if I run those camber bolts I’ll be good ? Or am I better off rolling the fenders and waiting till more suspension options become available ?
For yours I would roll the lip on the front fenders flat (have this done professionally if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, it should be fairly inexpensive), and run the camber bolts to get as close to -2* as possible. Up until around -2.2* won't see much more/uneven tire wear than normal so long as your toe is set to 0 in the front. It's once you go above -2.5* camber that you start seeing really uneven tire wear.

For the rear you should be alright with the fenders the way they are, just add a bit more negative camber to match the front (around negative 2.1-2.2*). That's how I'd do it, anyways.

Reactions: Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Y0UKN0WITSCHRIS

Mar 6, 2018
For yours I would roll the lip on the front fenders flat (have this done professionally if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, it should be fairly inexpensive), and run the camber bolts to get as close to -2* as possible. Up until around -2.2* won't see much more/uneven tire wear than normal so long as your toe is set to 0 in the front. It's once you go above -2.5* camber that you start seeing really uneven tire wear.

For the rear you should be alright with the fenders the way they are, just add a bit more negative camber to match the front (around negative 2.1-2.2*). That's how I'd do it, anyways.
Do you have any experience with running those bolts you quoted earlier in this thread ? I looked into purchasing them and found nothing but negative reviews saying they do nothing. And I already bought a fender roller. It was the same price as having someone in my area do it for me. Any tips and tricks on rolling the fenders ? Other than heating the surface prior to rolling.