• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

2020 KIA SOUL GT-LINE

A variety of NM Reds, Whites, Rosas' and Ports. I believe the NM wines as a whole are better. They're old in years as we drink very little. However, there are the few that we do like. Especially , the Tawny Ports.:D

I did manage to find this the other day. As a rule we don't drink Whiskey, Bourbon, or hard liquors, however; :D
IMG_0170.jpeg

Last edited:
Quick question, ive been meaning to change my fiancés transmission fluid on her 19 soul turbo. We babied the car as much as possible trying to care for the transmission and break it in properly but after about 13k miles it seems to not want to get into gear smoothly and takes a bit long to start moving.
I cant seem to find any good information on where the drain and fill plug are or even what fluid it takes. Ive sort of heard some info about it taking the same 70w that our 2.0t takes but i still cant find anything on the drain and fill plug lol. Would you have any information on this ?

Reactions: R Veloster N
Do you have a manual or DCT?

Is it a 1.6T or 2.0 NA engine?

Until I know what you have, it's a bit hard to advise.
You'll be hard pressed to find anything on the DCT. You can find standard automatic parts and torque converters.

Kia's fix for any transmission related problem is; a total replacement of either the transmission (DCT 1.6T & 2.0 NA) or converter for the (standard auto 2.0 NA)

Look under Powertrain; Kia Soul Automatic Transaxle Inspection
smdat1017d.gif
smdat1118d.gif

TF SP-IV 700cc. ATF Fluid.

Yes sir and they're touted by Kia, as non-servicable. I suspect you're looking at a possible clutch issue, more than anything. I'll keep looking but I can't guarantee anything. :)

Reactions: Mikemr305
Once it engages theres no issue. I dont even think its slip. I mean the best way i can explain it is;
At a stand still, when pressing the throttle, you can hear the engine rev up fine, but its almost like the clutch isn't trying to engage. The car doesnt move at all for a few seconds and then it drops the cutch all of a sudden and the car drives normally. The clutches in my opinion are fine, i think its just whatever computer controls the clutch is a bit out of wack.
I read somwhere that disconnecting the battery for a few minutes helps so i might as well try that 🤷‍♂️

The TCM controls the trans and clutch engagement. It can be reprogrammed thru the ECU. Kia can tell you by reading the information on the GDS and reprogramming can be accomplished with it as well.

Anyway, the videos above are pretty thorough. (Second one is the best.). They'll give you a good idea how to go about it and where the plugs are. :)đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikemr305
Also found a great write up worth trying out on re teaching the transmission

Reactions: R Veloster N
Wow, nice find and appreciate the info. I don't frequent the Kia Soul Forums, so I'm grateful for the information. Where did you find the service information if you don't mind.:)

It looks like it came from a Kia workshop manual which one.. Please point me in the right direction for the information is you will.:)