• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

jeromeo23's 1/4 Mile Results

I've posted results in the official 1/4 mile times thread, but thought I may as well start my own thread that I'll update as we progress. The following are our best ET results to date at each stage of modification:

Date: 06/22/2019
DA: 1949 ft
Mods: Stock
Result: 14.13@97.2 MPH, 2.09 60ft

Date: 08/24/2019
DA: 1711 ft
Mods: M&H slicks on Fast FC04 17x8 wheels
Result: 13.87@98.9 MPH, 1.95 60ft

Date: 09/29/2019
DA: 876 ft
Mods: M&H slicks on Fast FC04 wheels, 205/40R17 rear tires on Fast FC04 wheels, AEM WMI, Lap3 Protuner V2 on meth map, passenger seats removed
Result: 12.72@105.6 MPH, 1.75 60ft

We're nearing the end of the season for us here in Ontario, but I'm hoping to run at least one more time this year. I honestly don't know if I can improve on a 12.72, unless I get the 60ft down a little more, but I think that's a tall order on a 17in tire. Might be able to squeeze a 12.6x out of it, we shall see. At this point the car is basically at the limit of the OEM turbo, so I guess the most logical next step would be to swap that out for something a little bigger ;)

I don't know, but I'd put on a few more accompanying mods before I got a bigger turbo. I can see an intake manifold spacer and a larger inter cooler really benefiting your set up. Right there you'd gain almost 50 ft. lbs. and about 10 to 15 or so hp. That should help quite a bit if you can keep traction. Anyway, your times are great. Keep up the good work.

Best regards'

-M

I don't know, but I'd put on a few more accompanying mods before I got a bigger turbo. I can see an intake manifold spacer and a larger inter cooler really benefiting your set up. Right there you'd gain almost 50 ft. lbs. and about 10 to 15 or so hp. That should help quite a bit if you can keep traction. Anyway, your times are great. Keep up the good work.

Best regards'

-M
While I somewhat agree with you, 10-15 hp is good for maybe a tenth at best. That's a lot of money to go 12.6x. Also, the intercooler is going to make much less difference than it would on a car not running WMI. Now, with a larger turbo, the stock intercooler and piping could very likely become a bottleneck, but I'd be interested to see how the car performs with a turbo upgrade, stock intercooler and WMI.