• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning JB4 Installation

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
The Veloster N uses a electronic wastegate with no solenoid, so I am not sure what solenoid you replaced.
The VN has an Electrically Operated Wast Gate Actuator and an Internal wastegate. raydogg123189 also owns an 1.6T Elantra N-Line Gamma. So, there a bit of a difference in the control and wastegate operation. Please, take the time to read his entire commentary. It will help you better determination, as to what he's referring too specifically. :)

@Mikemr305 & @Rem234; I don't see a problem here either way. He sports a JB4 and his comments are responsive to the JB4, as per his last post.
After a few test runs I hit 28psi so I threw jb4 overboost protection back on and itl hit roughly 24 on a hard pull now.
:) Appreciate the comments @raydogg123189 and information.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikemr305

Mikemr305

Dec 24, 2019
Miami
Do i just the put the wire harness ( the long wire) to the red part and that it? Cause i dont think i properly did that and now i have a check engine light and the code is 0030
I think they expect you to solder the wire to the metal part and then plug it in?
I just folded the wire contacts over the metal part and sandwiched it when i plugged it in. I have no idea if its working or not either

Feloster_Vlow

Dec 3, 2019
Illinois
I think they expect you to solder the wire to the metal part and then plug it in?
I just folded the wire contacts over the metal part and sandwiched it when i plugged it in. I have no idea if its working or not either
Cause I just installed my jb4 and im getting a check engine light and the code was 0030, ive upgraded my spark plugs but I'm thinking i might of not installed it correctly and it might be the o2 sensor i bought. cause i just slid the black wire into the red part of the sensor