• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Issue with remote key

yuhyuh

Apr 5, 2020
Australia
I have this issue with the unlock button of my remote not always working correctly. Sometimes I have to press it a few times (3-6 times) before it works. However if I press lock first (whilst the car is locked), it triggers it and then unlock straight after works every time.

I've tried changing the battery and also opening up the remote and reseating the rubber gasket under the buttons which I thought was the issue, but it still happens. I don't have the luxury pack, so no smart remote and I have to use the remote often. Anyone else have this issue? I30 N hatch MY18 if that helps.

Feels like it could be a synchronisation issue with the unlock codes. On my previous car (Golf), there was a way to re-synchronise the codes but I can't find a way to do that with the i30 N.

Reactions: GazmaN
I have this issue with the unlock button of my remote not always working correctly. Sometimes I have to press it a few times (3-6 times) before it works. However if I press lock first (whilst the car is locked), it triggers it and then unlock straight after works every time.

I've tried changing the battery and also opening up the remote and reseating the rubber gasket under the buttons which I thought was the issue, but it still happens. I don't have the luxury pack, so no smart remote and I have to use the remote often. Anyone else have this issue? I30 N hatch MY18 if that helps.
Well, well - mine has developed the same annoying problem in the last month. I also have a Poverty Pack MY18 hatch. Only have the issue with the key I use every day, the "spare" works perfectly. I was just going to mention it when I book it in for the next service in October. Interesting that we have the same issue with the same car...

Hey chaps, I know this thread is a little old, but did you end up solving this issue?

P.S. no such thing as a Poverty i30N hehe

Reactions: GazmaN

Feels like it could be a synchronisation issue with the unlock codes. On my previous car (Golf), there was a way to re-synchronise the codes but I can't find a way to do that with the i30 N.
Does it happen with both remotes provided? Your Hyundai Dealership can reflash the ECU/BCM to solve the issue. :)

Reactions: Aussiei30N
When I had the issue, it was intermittent. Eventually it would work if i pressed it enough times (or if I locked the car again first and then unlocked it).

I usually only use one key, but I did test the other key a couple times and it worked fine. I probably should have switched to the other key and used that for a while.

Reactions: Aussiei30N
Sounds like a FOB transmission issue if the other FOB work correctly. :) The FOBs are covered under warranty here in the US, I don't know about Australia.:)