• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Insurance

I used them before with my lancer and they seem OK but never really had to claim. It's all good when they're taking your money but it could be a whole different story when you have to take theirs. I was quoted $522 for budget direct.

Budget have a 2 year or 40000km new for old policy but I've gone with bingle for $720 and I ticked the box saying 'new for old' which I'm assuming is for the time I'm with them. If my i30n is ever written off, I'll get a new one rather than get market price for what they're worth at the time after budgets 2 years /40k km has been reached.

"New Car Replacement The earlier of 2 years or
40,000 kilometres from original
registration."

The only issue is you have to use bingles own repairers which could be anyone. Budget gives you a choice but can choose a repairer if they don't like your quote?

I guess it depends on what you want out of your insurance.

Their claims really suck.. I mean, really suck. I haven't bought any myself but had helped a friend of mine try to chase up. You really are on your own to try and get anything from them. For the cost of extra $200pa on a $45-50k car - might as well.

Their claims really suck.. I mean, really suck. I haven't bought any myself but had helped a friend of mine try to chase up. You really are on your own to try and get anything from them. For the cost of extra $200pa on a $45-50k car - might as well.

After reading reviews on a few, they all seem to fall into the same category of great when they're taking your money but difficult when you need it. They're all shit :)

I even got a quote with youi which came in at $420..... I'm cheap but that seems a little too cheap for my liking.

Reactions: Paul_mode
After reading reviews on a few, they all seem to fall into the same category of great when they're taking your money but difficult when you need it. They're all shit :)

I even got a quote with youi which came in at $420..... I'm cheap but that seems a little too cheap for my liking.

I would agree with this about all insurance companies.

Thanks for all your input. Think I'll stick with my current insurer. Have made claims with them before without to many issues.
Oddly, my current insurance on my 2002 Lancer is slightly higher than my quote on the i30N

Still $500, seems more like 3rd party only, not comprehensive.

Just did a quote for me using budget, approx $1050. Which is still low compared to other that want $2k+

Thanks for all your input. Think I'll stick with my current insurer. Have made claims with them before without to many issues.
Oddly, my current insurance on my 2002 Lancer is slightly higher than my quote on the i30N

I was involved in an accident last year and the driver at fault did a runner. Didn't get his registration.

I was with QBE. I had been using them for my car and bike. The car policy is advertised as saying you have repairer of choice but the fine print in the policy says they can ask you to get a quote from one of their preferred repairers.

Long story short, QBE tried everything to get me to use their preferred repairer but I knew that the repair shop (local place) was rubbish. I insisted on using my chosen repairer (Sheen) and then went to Allianz in protest when I had to renew the policy.

I wouldn't touch Budget Direct, AAMI or RACV. AAMI ask you to pay the excess by credit card before they will give you a claim number.

Reactions: Paul_mode
Still $500, seems more like 3rd party only, not comprehensive.

Just did a quote for me using budget, approx $1050. Which is still low compared to other that want $2k+

You must be under 21, or have a bad driving record, possibly? My was just under $600 with NRMA.

I would agree with this about all insurance companies.

Graeme, are u back in an N yet?

A little birdie at the Brisbane Hyundai Information day told me what the quote was to fix your old car, all I can say is WOW! That was SO shocking after seeing the damage from your photos. Did the airbags go off?

Graeme, are u back in an N yet?

A little birdie at the Brisbane Hyundai Information day told me what the quote was to fix your old car, all I can say is WOW! That was SO shocking after seeing the damage from your photos. Did the airbags go off?

Nope early Nov.

No airbags deployed.

Will be writing a complete overview once i get a few more loose ends tied up.

If you look at who the underwriters are you'll find there is only a few, but there are plenty of 'resellers'. I have my current cars with RACQ and they've been great even when it came to claiming on my Landcruiser where the incident was off-road. I had very painful dealings with Suncorp for some house repairs after the cyclone last year. I found that when you find out that most are underwritten by the same parent company there is no 'escape' only varied fine print.
But on point my lease amount for fully comp is $600/year for life of lease (5 years).

Do any Aussies have recommendations for insurance for this class of car?
Hey man, just moved your post here as it's closer to home. Like some above, I prefer the national / royal automotive clubs. I've got mine with AANT now, had RACQ when I was in QLD, RACV in VIC and NRMA in NSW. All of them have been a pleasure to deal with, responsive and reasonable when it comes to claims / breakdowns and towing - never any issues, ever. Last couple of decades I've had them bundle up home and contents insurance too for their discounts on multiple policies and they've been great when something has gone wrong.

They've never differed in their support based on what I've been driving whether it be it a Camry, Torana, Mazda RX-2, HQ Premier or i30N.

I have been insured with Bingle (part of the Suncorp group) for many years. Had a couple of claims which were handled efficiently. No frills on-line policy - last renewal was under $500 pa for the N.