• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I30N Car Insurance

Just updated my policy from an m sport 320d BMW and added my wife who only has two years on her license and it was £40 cheaper, so only cost me £20 total to amend the policy for a car that is 90 odd horse more powerful! Amazing :D

Reactions: paul-h
I was driving a bailer or a VW Passat tdi, 02 plate. that was £230 fully comp with the Mrs on the policy, Then it dropped to £192 when I got the I30N. haha .

Reactions: Avanzato
Had a policy on our 2015 150PS Audi A3 with Churchill at £235 per year. Rang up to amend policy to 2018 i30N and it was no extra cost. I'm 36 with no points in the last 5 years and 9 years NCD.

Worth noting that the online quote from Churchill was about £30pa higher than this, so felt like a decent move from them.

Last edited:
Unfortunately this trend won't continue. The reason it's so cheap by comparison is due to the lack of statistics. As the car is a new variant on the i30, that's all they have to compare it with, and i30's are generally driven by a "safe" style of driver, and they are not attractive to low life car thieves.

Once a history of right-offs and thefts build up, our insurance premiums will inevitably shoot up...:(

Reactions: Riviat
I think that’s a negative, if probably accurate, assessment. However the i30n ‘s target audience might be towards an older, more driver focused demographic that are interested in a proper drivers car, and not the badge on the front will translate to safer, more responsible owners and thus right offs will be lower. That and all the tech, the esp, lane assist, and collision avoidance gadgets all help keep the price down?

Reactions: Crocoman
After having a Corsa 1.3 CDTI and now having a N I was refunded £42.31 so I’m paying £396.80 a year with 2 years NCD and 3 no fault claims in 2 years (people hitting my car) that’s with Quote Me Happy.

Hello all, I spotted this in the news and thought about this forum/discussion.
I30n getaway car in robbery
I'm newish to the forum - still trying to decide whether to get one now or hold off for a little longer due to house plans.

A month ago I notified my insurer of a change of vehicle, and I had no increase on stop ( from around 400£), just 20£ to amend the policy. Being in my mid 40s and living in a relatively peaceful area helped as well.

Reactions: Mr.Gobsy
Could be a fake plates...I wonder if this was the one stolen from Leamington not too long ago.

That jewellers in Northants has been done over I don't know how many times.

N1 HYU
  • Vehicle make: HYUNDAI
  • Date of first registration: November 2018
  • Year of manufacture: 2018
  • Cylinder capacity (cc): 1998 cc
  • CO₂Emissions: 178 g/km
  • Fuel type: PETROL
  • Euro Status:Not available
  • Export marker: No
  • Vehicle status: Tax not due
  • Vehicle colour: RED
  • Vehicle type approval: M1
  • Wheelplan: 2-AXLE-RIGID BODY
  • Revenue weight: 1544kg
Color of the vehicle do not match to the registration. Is it common phenomenon in the UK?

N1 HYU
  • Vehicle make: HYUNDAI
  • Date of first registration: November 2018
  • Year of manufacture: 2018
  • Cylinder capacity (cc): 1998 cc
  • CO₂Emissions: 178 g/km
  • Fuel type: PETROL
  • Euro Status:Not available
  • Export marker: No
  • Vehicle status: Tax not due
  • Vehicle colour: RED
  • Vehicle type approval: M1
  • Wheelplan: 2-AXLE-RIGID BODY
  • Revenue weight: 1544kg
Color of the vehicle do not match to the registration. Is it common phenomenon in the UK?
I've had a mistake on a V5 Document before ( that's the registration document here in the U.K) had to get it changed because its the drivers responsibility to make sure its right! so maybe :confused: