• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

iiNNeX's Micron Grey i30NP

iiNNEX

Hello everyone,

After a rather unsuccessful short lived journey with an ex-demo MG i30N (more of which you can find here: https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/my-lemon-i30n-ex-demo.3967/ ), I felt very crappy when I handed it back as it left a rather bitter taste in my mouth but a sweet deal on a new one got me back on the hype train.

I originally ordered a MY20 in Micron Grey, which turned out to be an MY19 car since they only have Shadow Grey's in MY20 spec (which I didn't want). Never the less, I decided to go for that and managed to get a further discount for doing so as well. It should have all the refinements the MY20 has other than the soft suspension which is fine as I don't find N mode too hard and mainly use N custom. I picked her up earlier this week and had the dealer register her on my personalised plate (my name is Stoycho so this is as close as I could get to it lol):

There was no time to waste so off comes the badging:

Managed to install some LED numberplate lights too as I had some spare:

PS: Those bulb holders are such a pain in the a** to remove, I am not sure why they made them gloss black, if they were a satin or matte finish, it would grip better to the plastic trim removal tool I used... Anyway, it's all done now, no errors and not overly bright at night.

Oh yeah and I also forgot to buy mats as the dealer did not include any in the deal (which to be fair is fine, the price was already heavily discounted) so went back for those and picked up a set:

I have since then been driving it as much as I can, it has just hit 210 miles and I decided to give her a proper clean as it was in a right state from the A/B road running in period. I have followed the method of "burst with WOT from 1500 rpm to 4500 rpm for 60 miles". Reason for that is, your piston rings only have a small time window to get seated properly, after the first 40-60 miles there isn't much you can do anymore. The WOT burst forces them to the outside. After that I am sticking below 3500 for the remainder of my 600 miles. I ll get it on a dyno when I do the RIS and report back.

And it's clean:

That is all I have for now, I am so eager to get through the initial 600 miles so it can be opened up a little more, and then have a running in oil service planned for 1200 miles (oil and oil filter). Speaking of which, where did you guys do this, Hyundai or yourselves? And also is there a better 0W-30 oil we should than the OEM (Shell Helix I think it is)?

Thanks for reading :)

Stoycho

Hello everyone,

After a rather unsuccessful short lived journey with an ex-demo MG i30N (more of which you can find here: https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/my-lemon-i30n-ex-demo.3967/ ), I felt very crappy when I handed it back as it left a rather bitter taste in my mouth but a sweet deal on a new one got me back on the hype train.

I originally ordered a MY20 in Micron Grey, which turned out to be an MY19 car since they only have Shadow Grey's in MY20 spec (which I didn't want). Never the less, I decided to go for that and managed to get a further discount for doing so as well. It should have all the refinements the MY20 has other than the soft suspension which is fine as I don't find N mode too hard and mainly use N custom. I picked her up earlier this week and had the dealer register her on my personalised plate (my name is Stoycho so this is as close as I could get to it lol):

PS: Those bulb holders are such a pain in the a** to remove, I am not sure why they made them gloss black, if they were a satin or matte finish, it would grip better to the plastic trim removal tool I used... Anyway, it's all done now, no errors and not overly bright at night.

Oh yeah and I also forgot to buy mats as the dealer did not include any in the deal (which to be fair is fine, the price was already heavily discounted) so went back for those and picked up a set:

I have since then been driving it as much as I can, it has just hit 210 miles and I decided to give her a proper clean as it was in a right state from the A/B road running in period. I have followed the method of "burst with WOT from 1500 rpm to 4500 rpm for 60 miles". Reason for that is, your piston rings only have a small time window to get seated properly, after the first 40-60 miles there isn't much you can do anymore. The WOT burst forces them to the outside. After that I am sticking below 3500 for the remainder of my 600 miles. I ll get it on a dyno when I do the RIS and report back.

And it's clean:

That is all I have for now, I am so eager to get through the initial 600 miles so it can be opened up a little more, and then have a running in oil service planned for 1200 miles (oil and oil filter). Speaking of which, where did you guys do this, Hyundai or yourselves? And also is there a better 0W-30 oil we should than the OEM (Shell Helix I think it is)?

Stoycho
Congrats on finally getting it!!!
Not sure if all dealers use the same oil brand to be honest. I've always used Castrol Edge for my cars. Only exception is when I left my old Megane RS 275 Trophy at the dealer for an oil change and they put Eneos in because the service manager forgot to tell the mechanic. The oil temp went up by 10 degrees when pushing it so I changed it to Castrol after 1000 km.
Anyways, best to use what the manufacturer recommends for your country. I've seen it can vary depending on the market. Mine has been delayed by 4 days because the truck broke down 3 times on its way here. I drove to his last brake down point 10 km from my city and saw the car. It's a funny sight. My Engine Red N and 7 base spec white i10 fleet cars.
Can't wait to hear about your adventures with that beautiful Micron Gray! ENJOY :)

iiNNEX

My LED rear indicators arrived so decided to fit them today.

Pretty easy job, unscrew light from here:

Then, some precautions as I've seen a few people online take paint off when removing the tail lamp.

Side by side:

Video of a comparison to the original indicator bulb (day time):

No errors, no hyperflash, seem pretty good quality so far. These are said to be 2x brighter than OEM, I think they are actually a tad brighter than that but nothing like the 1700+ lumen ones some people have fitted. I can take a video at night if anyone is interested.

Bulbs can be purchased here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-LED-...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I then also fitted my side skirt stickers that finally came from Australia.

Waiting on more bulbs to arrive and have ordered a screen protector.

Hello everyone,

And it's clean:

Stoycho
I changed the oil myself at 1200 miles, new filter and 0w30 oil. Shell helix.