• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I30N to BMW140i

Bigbruiseral

Mar 30, 2018
North east
So a year has past since i parted with the N and i have had the pleasure of driving my M140i 340bhp as my daily and i love it.

So tomorrow is remap day for the BMW no mods at all, place your guess what do you think shes going to get?

As standard they are 340bhp
Ill update the thread after

Pics for attention :)

r_anderson96

Oct 14, 2019
Glasgow
406bhp! How is the m140i to drive? It was one of the cars I was looking at before I pulled the trigger on the N!

Bigbruiseral

Mar 30, 2018
North east
406bhp! How is the m140i to drive? It was one of the cars I was looking at before I pulled the trigger on the N!
406bhp sounds about right from what i hear.

Considering where i am i don't want to turn this into N bashing thread lol but the 140 is great, having owned both for the same amount of time doing the same daily drive and paid the same amount for the same year i have no idea why i didn't look at them first.

Bigbruiseral

Mar 30, 2018
North east
Bet that gives a nice shove in the back.

So you had a tuning box on the car when it went in? Goes to show how much better a full remap is!!
I had it stock for about 2 months then added the box and the tune today, The box really ruins the way the car drives tbh but you ignore it because of the power gain.

Now i have best of booth it actually feels slower would believe as the map it so smooth it just pulls and pulls and pulls..

New set of rubber with some forge alloys and good weather hoping to dip into the sub 4 seconds 0-60 MPH

MattK

Jul 14, 2018
Preston
For an older driver the 140i is a great choice. I just wouldn’t be able to afford the insurance, repairs
I had it stock for about 2 months then added the box and the tune today, The box really ruins the way the car drives tbh but you ignore it because of the power gain.

Now i have best of booth it actually feels slower would believe as the map it so smooth it just pulls and pulls and pulls..

New set of rubber with some forge alloys and good weather hoping to dip into the sub 4 seconds 0-60 MPH
Crazy power, does it drop off more compared to stock, see the peak power is at 6k rpm with map instead of 7k stock?