• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N i30N (PDeN) and Elantra GT (PD) mirror cross-compatability

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Hey folks!

Since all of this was bit of a confusing process for me I've decided to share my findings regarding the cross-compatability of Elantra GT / i30 PD (international) parts to our i30N PDeN (europe-specific) cars, more specifically the wing mirrors.

The OEM PDe-spec wing mirrors have puddle lights and no blind-spot monitoring (yet - Facelift will):
NR2HLrt.png
5si0ObG.png

Here's the i30 PD mirros I ordered from the USA; they've got blind-spot monitoring but no puddle light:
M0BwNKa.png
1cyGr9j.png

1BE2D7s.png

The reason why I've created this thread is mainly to highlight the subtle differences between the PD and PDe mirrors because mirror covers are not cross-compatible between them (like the CF covers from Sharkracing in Korea won't fit PDe mirrors). So if you want to get CF mirrors on your N like me, you'll have to order PD-spec mirrors from somewhere and fit them to your N, which will remove the puddle light.

Also to note is that it's quite easy to swap the outer part of the mirror over and keep the OEM stalk in case there's fitting issues or damage.

Reactions: Bu11eT
you could get them carbon skinned like i did. I had found out that the PD mirrors where different as i had images of the back and noticed the clips were in different places.

Attachments

• mirror caps 2.jpg
    mirror caps 2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 22
  • mirror caps 1.jpg
    mirror caps 1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 23