• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30N on the North Coast 500

This is on my bucket list to do. I’m tempted to try it a bit last minute at the end of this month, but I need to sort out where to go. It’s meant to be ace

Reactions: Rich
Done parts of the route when I’ve been up there fishing and it is spectacular when quiet. Thing is it’s become so popular and publicised that it’s become like the evo triangle. Every man and his dog there acting like a tit. Saw a group of RS4’s in convoy driving recklessly (bordering on outright dangerous) on Rannoch Moor in early September. Won’t be long until the police are out in full force along the route.

Reactions: Rich and _Emma
This is on my bucket list to do. I’m tempted to try it a bit last minute at the end of this month, but I need to sort out where to go. It’s meant to be ace

We should get a group together and do it as an N convoy! :)

Reactions: _Emma
N group agrees place to meet at NC500 - Emma bombs past with a beep beep like the road runner and disappears in a cloud of dust ;)

I’d be waving like the queen out the window though :p

Reactions: REM66
I drove this in 89 in a Lancia Beta. Wasn't the 500 then, just a road to see a new bridge that had opened, then drove on to Thurso on the north coast. Beautiful landscape.

Reactions: REM66
I drove this in 89 in a Lancia Beta. Wasn't the 500 then, just a road to see a new bridge that had opened, then drove on to Thurso on the north coast. Beautiful landscape.
cool I’ve driven the highlands 4 times now and the first time I did the loop up the east coast to wick and then across the top down to isle of sky, amazing roads and memories but they were correct the west coast is much better than the east coast
however I think my favourite is the old military road through the Cairngorms

Reactions: MrDeeJay