• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30N lemon

Man, everyone been having so many problems with the i30n and has official put me off from buying one..
Go take a peep on any other car forum mate and you’ll see problems everywhere, you’ll never buy a car with that sort of thinking, I haven’t had any serious issues yet, and I’d say most don’t, the biggest problem I have with it right now is that I’m not allowed to drive the dam thing..

Reactions: icelink and GazmaN
Man, everyone been having so many problems with the i30n and has official put me off from buying one..
Your loss IMO. This is an amazing car and well worth consideration if you are in the market for a high performance hatch or fastback. Any forum on any product will be mainly negative. Human nature.
I personally have had no issues of any consequence in over 12 months of ownership.
Many owners on this forum will let us know the issues they have encountered but will also let us know how awesome the car is. Drive one for yourself and remember 5 year warranty also. :):cool:

The i30N has no more or less issues than other performance cars. We had over 100 of them do a full track day in summer without a single major mechanical issue.

What frustrates me is when you get a hopeless dealer who can't fix small issues that should be easily sorted.

I had a lot more problems with my Subaru Forester than I have with my brilliant N
Some dealerships think they know what they are on about ,but with my Subaru I was able to prove them wrong and they coughed up the $6000 for a new DPF and I must say the car was more in the service centre than in my garage.
With the N the positives out weigh the negatives

sad to hear. i do have my fastback for more than a year now.
still running smooth and fine. 0 problems..

my boss has a brand new SQ7 and it happend to be a lemon...

Welcome back old mate :rolleyes:
Sounds familiar doesn't it!!! Can we say, NDNDND!:p
Man, everyone been having so many problems with the i30n and has official put me off from buying one.
Mate there is a very small percentage per capita of owners that are actually having problems with the i30N, out of nearly 4000 members. Additionally, you haven't taken in account those owners who aren't even register here and thoroughly enjoying the car.

If this small number dissuades you from purchasing, then you really weren't in the market for one to begin with. You keep focusing on the bad in most things and you'll never succeed with anything, except being a pessimist

Last edited:
I suppose we'll see!:p These types, change their "modus operandi" to meet the challenge.:D But eventually stumble on their own bad habits.

Last edited:
I suppose we'll see!:p These types, change their "modus operandi" to meet the challenge.:D But eventually stumble on their own bad habits.
Well said Sir! I've got a 57 mile daily commute and Mine has never skipped a beat, this morning on a pretty quick road someone cut across Me, had the brakes on the N not been so damn good they'd have been dead, would have been their fault entirely but I really don't want to kill anyone! PRAISE BE THE N !

I'm up to annoying issue number 3 with my N, first was keys, then headunit and now this one.......
After much data logging and trips to the service dept. mine is currently having the injectors checked/replaced. It has a very annoying misfire under load. Has been been happening since Nov, but the resolution is near (I hope).
Sorry for anyone that is offended but this, but the biggest problem is that your local dealer is full of 'text book' mechanics now. They go through specific training on the cars & when something is out of the norm comes up (regular service) they stop, talk to head office and wait for the next steps. That's what I've been dealing with, data is collected and reviewed. They couldn't replace a single part without head office giving them to go ahead. Where as a general mechanic would check, remove & test parts to find the cause & solution. So much quicker this way
This really sucks from the consumer/owner perspective, but I understand why they do it this way.

I'm up to annoying issue number 3 with my N, first was keys, then headunit and now this one.......
After much data logging and trips to the service dept. mine is currently having the injectors checked/replaced. It has a very annoying misfire under load. Has been been happening since Nov, but the resolution is near (I hope).
Sorry for anyone that is offended but this, but the biggest problem is that your local dealer is full of 'text book' mechanics now. They go through specific training on the cars & when something is out of the norm comes up (regular service) they stop, talk to head office and wait for the next steps. That's what I've been dealing with, data is collected and reviewed. They couldn't replace a single part without head office giving them to go ahead. Where as a general mechanic would check, remove & test parts to find the cause & solution. So much quicker this way
This really sucks from the consumer/owner perspective, but I understand why they do it this way.
Yes, it's the way of the world, unfortunately. When mine needed a new steering rack, it took them about a week to get the green light from head office to replace it. Luckily it's not a daily driver (and they told me I could continue to drive it while I waited) otherwise it would have been really inconvenient.

Then there's the separate issue of them charging £20 a day for a loan car while yours is in having warranty work done. I can understand if it's for routine work but when it's to fix a defect I think they should foot the bill.

Do yourself a favor and relax, forums are focal points of issues. Just keep in mind, there are 4000 members and per capita the issues are small.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cavaco90
Just bought a 2019 N last week! read this forum and it gave me anxiety
The bad news spread like wildfire whereas the good ones take longer to get out. Even if yours has any problem, taking it to the dealer is the first step and then "the waiting" is a part of it. Don't start thinking yours is cursed or something, but keeping a good ear is crucial to analyse possible problems earlier.