• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I30N ETA

My names Jay to:) good name
I took mine quite easy when i first bought as this was my first new car to, i kept varying the speed on the motorway if i had a long run, after a few hundred miles i could not help opening it up sometimes on country lanesšŸ˜ this is where this car lights up for me, coming from a couple of Subarus that i sold to buy this, one STi and one WRX Gravel express wagon.
This thing is quick and squeals in N mode like nothing ive ever driven.
I done a run to switzerland couple of months after i bought so that put 2000 miles on which was good fun.
I also Bilthamber my entire car the first week i bought in my garage as i plan to keep it, this was floorpan, suspension, arches, inner panels, bootlid, inner doors, sills.and a dashmat from Australia as it stops the glare.
I use to live in Perth Jay, Kewdale and work in freemantle, and other parts when i was younger.

Reactions: JJSSi30N
Yeah nice! The hardest part will be not to put it in ā€œNā€ mode and put the foot through the firewall hahah

My current car Iā€™m trading in is a 08 Forester!! did me well for 4 years Iā€™ve owned it!!

Hey guys! Got my delivery date/time!! This Thursday morning!!! whhop whhoppp!!

this is my first ā€œnew carā€ any advise on pick up Iā€™m Australia and what to do with the car for the first month ?? I know there is already a thread on this and read it back and forth! But interested from you guys!
Cheers
Jay
Nice! On pick-up go over interior, exterior and under the bonnet with a "fine-toothed comb'" and bring to their attention anything you are not 100% happy with - it is your first and last chance to avoid being blamed for anything damaged or defective.

Just don't redline it for the first month / 1,000 km and keep the engine rpm as varied as possible, changing up and down gears even when you don't need to when on a long stretch of road with the same speed limit. Don't baby it, don't thrash it. Enjoy and post pics :)

First time poster.....

I ordered a Fastback I30N, Shaddow Grey, luxury pack and sunroof in early March and was told by dealer on Northside or Brisbane it could be up to 6 months for factory order with COVid. I have been patiently waiting but not able to get any more info from dealer on northside of Brisbane other than ā€œitā€™s still on back orderā€ and they are saying they canā€™t get any further info about what that means, itā€™s being built, on a ship or still a bucket of parts and nor even started yet.

Is anyone else in a similar position or getting more info on current time frame or orders?

Iā€™m like a little kid waiting for Xmas day but dont even know when it is.
Wondering if I should hold out for the colour and Spec I really want or see if I can get something thatā€™s already available?

First time poster.....

I ordered a Fastback I30N, Shaddow Grey, luxury pack and sunroof in early March and was told by dealer on Northside or Brisbane it could be up to 6 months for factory order with COVid. I have been patiently waiting but not able to get any more info from dealer on northside of Brisbane other than ā€œitā€™s still on back orderā€ and they are saying they canā€™t get any further info about what that means, itā€™s being built, on a ship or still a bucket of parts and nor even started yet.

Is anyone else in a similar position or getting more info on current time frame or orders?

Wondering if I should hold out for the colour and Spec I really want or see if I can get something thatā€™s already available.

Northside Brisbane too. Dealer I purchased from is the one closest to the City.
I ordered mine on a Saturday and picked it up on Wednesday. Car in stock so that was pretty fast - back in February.
With the facelifted model arriving in the not too distant future, and if you want the current model, maybe ask the dealer what is available now and work out if that is acceptable to you. Otherwise by the sounds of it you may be in for a long wait!

First time poster.....

Wondering if I should hold out for the colour and Spec I really want or see if I can get something thatā€™s already available?

I pick up a car at short notice last week. Just a handful of Lux packs with sunroof in NSW.
If it's 6 month wait. I'd rather put a deposit on the facelift model instead

First time poster.....

In the same situation as you mate, but based in Sydney. I ordered early Feb and at the time was told nothing about delays (they couldn't have known at the time).

My dealer has informed me the car has been built but they can not confirm when it would be arriving. I've been given a September estimate.
I've told the dealer I'll wait to see what the new model offers before I decide to keep or cancel the order.

Seems there have been no deliveries since the last batch in Jan/Feb based on my research. Its slim pickings if you want to get one that is already in the country.

My two cents for what it's worth... If you plan to keep it more than 3 years then stick to your order. Otherwise, it doesn't matter and get your hands on one now šŸ˜

In the same situation as you mate, but based in Sydney. I ordered early Feb and at the time was told nothing about delays (they couldn't have known at the time).

My dealer has informed me the car has been built but they can not confirm when it would be arriving. I've been given a September estimate.
I've told the dealer I'll wait to see what the new model offers before I decide to keep or cancel the order.

Seems there have been no deliveries since the last batch in Jan/Feb based on my research. Its slim pickings if you want to get one that is already in the country.

My two cents for what it's worth... If you plan to keep it more than 3 years then stick to your order. Otherwise, it doesn't matter and get your hands on one now šŸ˜
I'm in Sydney and picked up a June2020 build. White with Lux pack and sunroof