• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick

Staff member
Nthusiast
May 10, 2018
Germany
It is recommended that the vehicle is correctly checked and diagnosed as this list is only intended as a GUIDE and NOT applicable in all cases/models/year of manufacture.

5th-6th speed gear assembly & synchronizer ring
Problem: Some vehicles may experience abnormal hard shifting in 5th and 6th gear.
VIN range:
U01Y: Till TMAHC51AAKJ005783 (Transmission No. SJ01YG000351)
U02Y: Till TMAHC51AAKJ006034 (Transmission No. SJ02YB008068)
Ongoing discussion in this thread.
Solution: 5th-6th gear assembly and synchronizer ring must be simultaneously replaced with newly improved ones.

High pressure fuel pump (MY18)
Problem: Engine stuttering, misfire, loss of power, no turbo/boost, check engine light (in late stages). Ongoing discussion in this thread.
Solution: Fuel pump needs to be replaced. Some users are reporting that their battery terminals were loose and having no problems after.

ECU recall (MY18)
Problem: When starting the engine, sputters and cuts out, loss of power, no turbo/boost.
Solution: ECU needs to be replaced for all early MY18 i30Ns despite the fact that many did not displayed these symptoms. Some users are reporting that their battery terminals were loose and having no problems after.

Front camera (AEB) (MY18)
Problem: AEB doesn't work, warnings on the dash.
Solution: The front camera software needs to be updated.

Multimedia system rebooting (MY18 & MY19)
Problem: The touchscreen will usually go blank and the system will reboot randomly without a pattern or cause at any given time while driving. Ongoing discussion in this thread.
Solution: Unknown. So far there is no service campaign regarding this issue. Some users are reporting that after re-inserting the SD card a few times solved this.

Multimedia sound settings-fader (MY18 & MY19)
Problem: The operating system will not restore fader settings after completing a call. Ongoing discussion in this thread.
Solution: Unknown. So far there is no TSB regarding this issue.

Car alarm (UK) (MY18 & MY19)
Problem: The alarm will randomly go off without a pattern or cause. Ongoing discussion in this thread.
Solution: The system needs to be readjusted/recalibrated. Check out the info thread here

Leather seat fabric crease (MY18 & MY19)
Problem: Crease in the seat's fabric. Ongoing discussion in this thread.
Solution: There is a TSB that will include a correction process on the seat fabric that is creasing. Problem still unresolved.

Headlining rattle (MY18 & MY19)
Problem: Light rattle from the headlining around the interior front or center light cluster. Ongoing discussion in this thread.
Solution: The wires need to be wrapped with sound dampening or foam insulation tubing.

Windscreen Creak (MY18 & MY19)
Problem: Cracking noises between dashboard and windshield.
Solution: Sound dampening material needs to be added at certain points. A guide can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corrections, suggestions and new information is more than welcome to keep this updated and helpful for all N owners out there. :)

For consideration:
Windscreen creak seems fairly popular.
Lack of SLIF on UK model.
Lack of speed camera data on satnav.
Low frequency of satnav map update.
Rattle from headlining.

The interior noises is something that could be added, that's a nice idea. The rest aren't really faults though, as far as I remember SLIF is not available in UK?

Reactions: paul-h
For consideration:
Windscreen creak seems fairly popular.
Lack of SLIF on UK model.
Lack of speed camera data on satnav.
Low frequency of satnav map update.
Rattle from headlining.
I think the screen creaking is a valid point. Maybe just refer to the forum member who identified the cause. :)

Cracks in the leather seat bolsters! Mine had these since day 1
But front and rear! The creases are so bad. Only one time was someone sitting behind me, the seat looks nearly the same as mine :D

@Maverick I dont know if it's big enough to be listed, but some people (including me) have had problems with their TPMS. So the TPMS was reading incorrect pressures or was warning for no reason. The sulution to fill up to 2,8-3,0 bar is known..

- Sound generator broken. Way to fix? My mechanican said it's a washer under the screw. Don't know if it's true.
Maybe @Garth could say something..

- Gearbox with 1,2th gear and 5,6th? How to fix? The time does.

- Problem with the windscreen wipers at high speeds? Are they upgraded on MY19 cars?

Last edited:
ECU issues, can you add in that all of the early cars had this replaced but not many displayed the symptoms described in that post. :)

Great thread. Well, informative. That’s what I mean.

It’d be better after 10 months if there was a thread entitled ‘Has anyone found a single problem/fault with this car yet??!!’:p

Reactions: Riviat and Maverick
With respect to some of these issues, have we been reporting them to our dealers?

For example, my seat has been poor from day 1 so I reported immediately and the car has been in 3 times, twice before the TSB came out.

I have had the screen reset a couple of times, but I haven't reported it yet. Also had the "fade to rear" which happens after every phone call but haven't reported that either.
I guess these 2 issues aren't bothering me so much, however, I WILL report at the next visit as I think the more people making noise, the sooner we'll get a solution.
I would encourage all to let your dealer know, even though it can be a bit of a hassle sometimes.

Reactions: Bu11eT
With respect to some of these issues, have we been reporting them to our dealers?

For example, my seat has been poor from day 1 so I reported immediately and the car has been in 3 times, twice before the TSB came out.

I have had the screen reset a couple of times, but I haven't reported it yet. Also had the "fade to rear" which happens after every phone call but haven't reported that either.
I guess these 2 issues aren't bothering me so much, however, I WILL report at the next visit as I think the more people making noise, the sooner we'll get a solution.
I would encourage all to let your dealer know, even though it can be a bit of a hassle sometimes.

Why don't you post something on the UK Facebook regarding the fade to rear for example.....then everyday one of can chip in as we have it....might get the moving if they know there's lots of us

Reactions: MrDeeJay
i reported now following problems at my dealer:
headlining rattle
back shocks are to loud
i hear ma brakes almost every time grinding when i brake.

wait to the service in march.

the headlining rattle becomes even louder

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I got an email yesterday saying to book an appointment for a product enhancement inspection. Anyone have any ideas what this might be for? I rang up and without them asking me what car I have just said, they'll sort it out at the next service..
I had a similar email about 3 months ago for the ECU update but got that all sorted

There seem to be some new informations about some of the problems some of us experience.

- 6th gear - could get a recall to change a gear inside the clutch
- sqeaking noise while stearing on slow speeds - seems to be the strut bearings

I´m going to call my dealer after christmas to make an apointment and ask about these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.