• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 Sedan N Delivery Next Batch

IbLazki

May 12, 2022
Sydney
Hi guys,

After almost 6 months, seems my i30 Sedan N is estimated to arrive in Sydney around early next month.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is in a similar situation and is there a possibility that it could arrive before the eta?

I have got the VIN however no luck in tracking what ship it is on.

TIA

Hey mate,

I'm in the exact same position as you. Purchased very late December 2021 with a contract delivery date of by June 30th.

Spoke to my dealer a couple of days ago and he said my car was built and at sea due to dock in the middle of June. He then mentioned I should be able to take delivery by the end of June.

I asked for the VIN but he said he had to confirm with his manager if he could share, it's been two days now and I'm still waiting. Is that odd? After all it's my car and it's been built. Why would there be any hesitation in sharing the VIN?

Which site did you use to check tracking?

@IbLazki My dealer called me back today and gave me some helpful info.

He provided my ship name, 'Comet Ace' which I tracked here after a search, and Vehicle ID which I tracked at the below site.

My ship docked at Port Kembla yesterday and was unloaded today. Should be with me within four weeks if all goes to plan.

Maybe ask your dealer for the Vehicle ID and see if that bring up something?

@IbLazki My dealer called me back today and gave me some helpful info.

He provided my ship name, 'Comet Ace' which I tracked here after a search, and Vehicle ID which I tracked at the below site.

My ship docked at Port Kembla yesterday and was unloaded today. Should be with me within four weeks if all goes to plan.

Maybe ask your dealer for the Vehicle ID and see if that bring up something?
Yep, I did get more info from the dealer after creating this thread. It was indeed on the Comet Ace and it was delivered two days ago in NSW. Same boat as you now. Waiting for it to clear checks and the dealer will organise pick up. Hoping to get it within 2 weeks but thats pushing it. According to the E2 Global vehicle tracker, the cars consignment status is 'Available' not sure what that means but it changed from 'To be Confirmed'. Hope you get yours earlier than 4 weeks!

Reactions: kwametek
@IbLazki Awesome that it was on the same boat, shouldn't be too long now!

What colour and specs did you get?

Mine is a Cyber Grey DCT with Sunroof.
I got the performance blue dct sunroof. I actually put an order for the hatch in early January however was told it was no where near complete around end of April and the dealer suggested it wont be here until possibly end of the year so I opted for the Sedan. Glad I have though, after doing extensive research apparently it has much more pros and is built on newer technology with newer features. Can't wait to see what's in it!

Glad I have though, after doing extensive research apparently it has much more pros and is built on newer technology with newer features. Can't wait to see what's in it!
It sure is. Nice 1! Hopefully our cars will be us very shortly.

Hey everyone I’m located in Sydney and ordered my i30 n in late October 2021 and I currently still have no update on my vehicle. Can someone in Sydney location shed some light ☹️ Or is this just a shit situation.

Hey everyone I’m located in Sydney and ordered my i30 n in late October 2021 and I currently still have no update on my vehicle. Can someone in Sydney location shed some light ☹️ Or is this just a shit situation.
Hi, is yours a hatch or a sedan?

Its a hatchback
Sorry to hear about your issues, especially as you ordered late last year.

Have you seen this article as yet?

At the moment the wait times for the hatch are over 12 months, I ordered my sedan in December last year, at the time the dealer helping me also then ordered a hatch herself a few weeks after that.

Hers was originally scheduled for delivery in August (this month) but then got pushed back. She was telling me herself how the hatch specifically was experiencing significant delays. It's unclear as to specifically what is causing the delay but it's definitely real.

If you have a car now and are happy to wait, I'd say if you can it will be worth it. The article does say things should start to improve for the second half of the year.

Reactions: Cri9711
Sorry to hear about your issues, especially as you ordered late last year.

Have you seen this article as yet?

At the moment the wait times for the hatch are over 12 months, I ordered my sedan in December last year, at the time the dealer helping me also then ordered a hatch herself a few weeks after that.

Hers was originally scheduled for delivery in August (this month) but then got pushed back. She was telling me herself how the hatch specifically was experiencing significant delays. It's unclear as to specifically what is causing the delay but it's definitely real.

If you have a car now and are happy to wait, I'd say if you can it will be worth it. The article does say things should start to improve for the second half of the year.
I just went in today to order an i30 n sedan, and was told they are having greater supply issues with the hatch as it is made in the Czech Republic, whereas the sedan is made in Korea. The sales rep told me the hatch is officially 12-18 month wait, but is more realistically a 24 month wait, even my sedan was put at may for delivery date.