• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N sound system general thoughts.

I find my volume to be pretty decent for what it is. I used to have a full setup including FI 15'' sub. Mono amps stereo amps but now I'm past that stage. So I'm happy with what I have got suppose you could always upgrade the speakers. That would give you more volume as the oem speakers are crap.

The i30n performance has the worst sounding sound system in any car I have ever owned in the last 15 years.
It's not balanced at all and all you can hear is the sound coming from the high range speakers near the windscreen all the other speakers are drowned out because it's sending way too much volume to them and it doesn't sound like it has a proper frequency cutoff on them as well.
It's terrible for a car that costs this much. Other hot hatches in same price range or cheaper like Golf GTI, or R have much better sounding systems.
Im not sure just changing speakers will fix it, there would need to be inline volume adjustment for the front split tweeters as well otherwise you will still have the volume problem of the tweeters turned up way more than they should be.

The i30n performance has the worst sounding sound system in any car I have ever owned in the last 15 years.
It's not balanced at all and all you can hear is the sound coming from the high range speakers near the windscreen all the other speakers are drowned out because it's sending way too much volume to them and it doesn't sound like it has a proper frequency cutoff on them as well.
It's terrible for a car that costs this much. Other hot hatches in same price range or cheaper like Golf GTI, or R have much better sounding systems.
Im not sure just changing speakers will fix it, there would need to be inline volume adjustment for the front split tweeters as well otherwise you will still have the volume problem of the tweeters turned up way more than they should be.
Other members have upgraded their audio system with the Pioneer GM-D1004 in-line amplifier which helps (I have one but have yet to install it). The main issue, which you point out, is that speakers alone will not significantly make for a better system, it will not make the rear speakers produce more volume. I'm now leaning towards having a "Hi-Res" amp, & speaker combo installed along with full sound deading in the door cavities in an attempt to provide a better platform for listening to audio.

The Golf audio systems on the GTI & R are at a significant cost over the basic units that come standard on each of these vehicles. If Hyundai had a check box for a $1600 audio upgrade for the i30N I for one would have selected it, thus making the car closer to $60K DA in Australia for the Premiumu DCT version.

Other members have upgraded their audio system with the Pioneer GM-D1004 in-line amplifier which helps (I have one but have yet to install it). The main issue, which you point out, is that speakers alone will not significantly make for a better system, it will not make the rear speakers produce more volume. I'm now leaning towards having a "Hi-Res" amp, & speaker combo installed along with full sound deading in the door cavities in an attempt to provide a better platform for listening to audio.

The Golf audio systems on the GTI & R are at a significant cost over the basic units that come standard on each of these vehicles. If Hyundai had a check box for a $1600 audio upgrade for the i30N I for one would have selected it, thus making the car closer to $60K DA in Australia for the Premiumu DCT version.

If you do go down that path, let me know how you go and what you select. I want to go down an upgrade path, but I also dont want to go through the hassle of having someone cutting wires needlessly.

Reactions: Xcelr8
If you do go down that path, let me know how you go and what you select. I want to go down an upgrade path, but I also don't want to go through the hassle of having someone cutting wires needlessly.

Sure thing, I have no local installers at my disposal and would have it completed in Melbourne. As you point out, not interested in having my wiring harness chopped up.

Will report back when I decide on a solution.

Sure thing, I have no local installers at my disposal and would have it completed in Melbourne. As you point out, not interested in having my wiring harness chopped up.

Will report back when I decide on a solution.

Neither as a criticism nor recommendation, when I did look into it I went over to https://www.nolimitcsv.com.au/ and talked to them at length. They were supposed to call me back, never happened. Went in there again, and got the same promise of a call which never eventuated.

Hi Aussie people, I put this post over in the general ICE forum and thought I would also add it here...

Here is what I am doing... any thoughts?

Front speakers Focal ES165KX2
Disconnect factory speakers - so only having front speakers, trying to save some cost and never anyone in rear seats anyhow
Amp Alpine X-A90V
Sub in boot JL Audio CP208LG-W3v3
LC7i
Line converter
Both front doors sound deading
Plus various cables etc as needed

I'm also in Melbourne. Is there a link somewhere of the stock speaker dimensions? I would like to know what the options for the speakers are we have available.

I'm also in Melbourne. Is there a link somewhere of the stock speaker dimensions? I would like to know what the options for the speakers are we have available.

You can replace the stock speakers with 165/170cm size front and rear. Just watch the depth of the replacements.

All the info you need is covered in the following:

Sound Upgrade Thread

Reactions: Denn15m and GazmaN