• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I30 n performance best fuel

thekings

Aug 12, 2020
Lancashire
Hi what would be the best fuel to use in the i30 n performance for better cracks and bangs pops. I'm using shell v power don't see alot of bangs and pops. Only done 450 miles on the clock.

_Emma

Nthusiast
Oct 29, 2018
UK
If you’ve only got 450 miles on the clock you’re not meant to be in pops and bangs territory 😂

Messing about aside, it should do it on anything. I find Tesco Momentum does the trick but it works well enough with their standard petrol too.

mikeo

Nthusiast
Jan 4, 2020
SW Scotland
Yep... standard unleaded just fine in my opinion. Best stock exhaust system in the current crop of hot hatches as far as I'm concerned :)

Reactions: thekings

s.arhangelov

Nthusiast
Aug 26, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
I put Shell V-Power in mine and it pops as it should. Give it a bit more time to "run in" and remember that both engine and exhaust have to be in Sport+ (in case you didn't know). Also don't expect pops and bangs under 5k RPM. They do happen but not as often as over 5k RPM. :)
Easiest way I get a triple shot out of mine is by downshifting (Rev matching ON) from 3rd gear at 4k RPM to 2nd gear at ~5k RPM.
While at 5k RPM give it a little bit of throttle and release. Repeat to get infinite pops and bangs (don't do it too often unless you want to test out the i10 courtesy cars :D )