• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Owners: What's your main gripe?

But use different floor attachments fittings as well.
So you have to rip out the excellent Hyundai once and replace them.

I must of missed something in the ad. Why would you be ripping anything out?

Look at the mat retention clips.

I looked at the second pic on the listing. Looked oem like? Then noticed they mention eyelets in description and show them in pic 4. Nice and clear!

The previous link with the more expensive baby blue edging ones deffo was just an eyelet hole.

The OEM clips are a rectangular plastic hook that goes into a corresponding hole in the OEM mats, the eBay logo ones appear to be circular.

Do you keep it in normal mode when cold? I’ve noticed mine judders a little if I switch it to custom too early, but in normal mode it’s fine when it’s cold..

Yeah in custom/N when it’s below 6C it seems to be a bit rough (a slight hesitation) when changing gears at low rpm. But only for the first minute or so. In normal isn’t smooth as silk right off the bat though.

Edit: Normal mode IS smooth :)

Last edited:
Reactions: GazmaN
What sort of footwear do all you holey mat users wear? Steel capped hobnails?🤗🤗

Puma Drift Cat 5s - a driving shoe with a round heel, so it isn’t the shoe :)

I don’t have a hole, but it’s clearly wearing on the throttle / brake foot at 10,000km. But it’s no worse than any other car mat really. I do wish ya could just buy the drivers side one. I might buy a spare set and keep them for special occasions lol.

Only 4 days into owning an i30N and my two only gripes are that it has the turning circle of a bus, and the sound from the multi media unit is dreadful.
You get used to the turning circle, the poor sounds can be dealt with easily, cheap fix is to go to the equaliser settings, bass plus 4, treble and mid minus 6 and 3 respectively.
Then do what lots of people have done, install a pioneer amp and decent speakers. Look at the sound upgrade thread.

Oh and welcome to the forum

cheap fix is to go to the equaliser settings, bass plus 4, treble and mid minus 6 and 3 respectively.
Thanks for that. Being totally deaf in my left ear I struggle to trim the sound to my liking at the best of times but followed your suggestion before heading off to work this morning. The wife noticed it almost instantly and commented on the improvement without knowing I'd adjusted it. Suits both me and the music I play. Cheers, man.

Reactions: Jajodu
Genuinely, my mane gripe is that i have to listen to the car from the inside because i know damn well im missing out on some orgasmic sounds but with my luck if i let anyone else drive around the block ill never see the car in 1 piece again 😂

Yeah in custom/N when it’s below 6C it seems to be a bit rough (a slight hesitation) when changing gears at low rpm. But only for the first minute or so. In normal isn’t smooth as silk right off the bat though.

Edit: Normal mode IS smooth :)

Mine is extremely rough in N mode when it's cold. If I let off the accelerator I'm almost sent through the windscreen. Normal mode is MUCH smoother and the shudder goes away when it's warmed up slightly.

I don't think the closed cycle fuel loop likes the sportier and more aggressive fuel injection when cold.

Reactions: BoyRacerN
You get used to the turning circle, the poor sounds can be dealt with easily, cheap fix is to go to the equaliser settings, bass plus 4, treble and mid minus 6 and 3 respectively.
Then do what lots of people have done, install a pioneer amp and decent speakers. Look at the sound upgrade thread.

Oh and welcome to the forum

Just made this adjustment to my sound, so much better! Cheers mate.