• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Owners: What's your main gripe?

Speaking for myself and possibly many other, what you all do from the organization of threads, peace the keeping, chastisements, keeping the forum up, operational and viable etc;

@Danscfc, @faffp, @IN_30N ,@NULLOBANDITO, @padigree, @paul-h, @RedDriver :D

I know it can be a thankless work, and sometime a real pain in the arse but we're aware and grateful for the time you spend and the dedication to give and provide. Without it, the forum would not exist and be sorely missed.

It's a place to come and put your thoughts down, literally.

Rekindle old some memories, almost lost abilities and begin new ones.

Find and utilize a vast array of easy to reference, organized, files of information.

Develop and entertain new acquaintances and friends, sharing similar, familiar and sometimes, not so similar attitudes and thoughts.

Find we all are not so different, even across a vast space and circumference.

To learn and enlighten.

To care and give freely.

To lay bare our problems, issues and dislikes, wants and desires.

To find relief from something that's troubling.

It's truly a melting pot of people and information, we certainly value. This is because, you all care enough to afford, provide and volunteer your time and efforts, to make it so.:)

The work you do and the forum you provide truly enriches most of our lives in one way or another. Sometimes, more than we are aware or care to admit. I realize these things, also vastly more and I'm quite sure others share the similar views as well.:D

I salute the entire staff for what you do and provide.

Bravo and Salud!! (Health)
Well said mate!

Only had the car a few days but so far, my only dislikes are:-

1. Handbrake not leather covered. Can't imagine this would have cost much.
2. Basic cruise control. Thought from articles that it had adaptive.
3. I wish that I could swap to normal intermittent front wipe, rather than the rain sensing auto setting. I'm assuming here that there is no way to do this!?
4. Shame that android auto is still only via USB. Hopefully available in future cars via wireless.
5. Tom Tom live updates require a hot-spot. Fair enough, not really a fault I suppose. Just a bind to have to keep swapping from wi-fi to hotspot (no 4G at home, so rely on wi-fi in the house). Automated this swapping from wi-fi to hot-spot and visversa by setting up two macros via the MACRODROID app. So that's ok now.

So not much to complain about (yet).

Hi all
As title says have you found any little things that you find "annoying" about you i30 n performance, after a month of ownership I've found a few, don't get me wrong I absolutely love this car and I carnt wait to drive it everyday but there are three things that bug me
1. Miles per tank go down and not up
2. You can't lift the wipers up all the way when cleaning the car as the wiper arms catch on the bonnet
3.The noise only comes out from drivers side of exhaust(I know that's the side the valve is on)
Silly little things I know
Also had problems with headlights steaming up, they are on back order so they are getting sorted, and over the last week the steering has got noisy (squeaking/grinding) and the steering feels lumpy when turning this seems to only happen when the car is warm I see from some posts on here that it could be the steering rack so got to take it back for that hopefully there will be no more teething problems after this

IamRy

2. You can't lift the wipers up all the way when cleaning the car as the wiper arms catch on the bonnet
Turn the ignition off and quickly press and hold the wiper stalk down as far as it will go. The wipers will rise to the service position. When you're done push the stalk back up into the auto position and the wipers will go down. Make sure the bonnet is closed when you do this otherwise you'll be needing some paint.

Also had problems with headlights steaming up, they are on back order so they are getting sorted,
Unlike on older cars where the headlights were sealed, modern LED lights are vented to the atmosphere so it's common to get some condensation around the dew temperature. It's harmless and it will clear. If you get running water on the inside then it becomes a problem .

Last edited:

IamRy

There is already quite a long thread similar to this in the main part of the forum so the mods might close it, but here are my main gripes after a year of ownership.
1) Having to systematically find and stop the rattles and squeaks that appears round the cabin. There haven't been many but I'm very anal about it and the wires in the headlining needed attention.
2) The car is a little jerky until it's come up to temperature. The throttle isn't smooth and the gearbox is a bit notchy.
3) Bad turning circle.
4) Pirelli P-zeros are awful in the damp.
5) The cruise control is really slow to accelerate when you resume it.

2) The car is a little jerky until it's come up to temperature. The throttle isn't smooth and the gearbox is a bit notchy.
Yeah I was surprised by how much this thing needs to be at temp to drive properly, however it comes up to temp REALLY quickly in my experience, like 1-2 minutes and oil temp is at normal.

The settings reverting to normal every time you turn off the ignition.

Stop/start re-activating every time you turn off the ignition (although I've had this on previous cars as well so I suspect it's something to do with emissions regulations).

GazmaN

Mine runs sweet as a nut from cold - cold meaning Aussie 12 C degree morning temps.
Lucky for you. Don't need to tell you what my 'cold' looks like but mine's still a real pig for at least the first 30 seconds to a minute...but like @oodLes suggests, she comes up to temp (and smoothes out) pretty quickly really.

Last edited:
Honest question here (not trying to be a smart-arse). Is it more work for moderators to merge when there are more responses on the "duplicate" thread?
I don't know about XenForo (the platform that this forum runs on) but with other forums that I've moderated, it makes no difference how many replies there are: merge threads is a single instruction.