• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i20N

pillred

Oct 20, 2019
bristol
I like the little car. It reminds me of the old Ford Fiesta, they sold in the UK when we lived there.
Do you like me find it strange when companies completely change the look of a car? new engine body shape and yet still call a car by the same name, a case in point is the Fiesta you mentioned looks nothing like the new model inside or out yet still called a Fiesta personally don't get it at all what do you think?

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US

GazmaN

Staff member
Oct 28, 2018
Darwin, Australia
by how gear changes sound, do you think is an Auto?
Nah, she's definitely manual. Listen to it closely from the 2 minute mark when you can actually hear the slower gear changes properly (sounds like the test pilot is flat-changing on the track). This is probably the best video of the i20N to date, great to see it getting absolutely totally flogged with severe tyre howl and all.

And is that the face-lifted i30N I spy on it's tail at 1:01??

Last edited:

R Veloster N

Mar 5, 2019
Rocky Mountains, US
Ditto ^ definitely a manual gearbox. This one with production parts.:)
Based upon our experience with the Kia Soul Gt-Line 1.6T Gamma II engine, the i20N will be a little rocket ship in comparison. The Soul GT-Line moves on rather quickly and does really well with fuel economy. We' re averaging 33-35 mpg in normal city and rural driving. We haven't had it on the long haul as of yet but are expecting nearer 37 -39 mpg at normal highway speeds. :)

Last edited: